Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

tinted moisturiser/foundation - how to choose the tint?

(5 Posts)
babyocho Sat 30-Jul-11 21:44:57

I think I am going to start using some but I have no idea how to choose shade. Also where to apply to - down to neck or just on face, nose and forehead?

blabalalalablabla Sat 30-Jul-11 21:49:42

Test it against your jaw line.

Apply it wherever you need it - I find that I need coverage on my nose, then work out across my cheeks, chin and forehead. I don't think you really need full face coverage unless you have a particularly uneven skin tone. I do have a 'light touch' approach to foundation/tinted moisturiser.

Best thing it to get yourself to a bobbi brown counter and get them to colour match.

PHAB Sun 31-Jul-11 10:17:37

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Sammie29 Sun 31-Jul-11 10:35:41

HI there, Bodyshop do an amazing tinted vitamin E moisturiser. I use it all the time. i Use it as an all over moisturiser (on the face) for when i dont wear full makeup.
it gives you a good light coverage without feeling heavy. they do 1 shade and suits most skin types as is not a foundation. just a tint.

hope that helps. I am a bodyshop consultant, feel free to pm me with any questions.

happy2bhomely Sun 31-Jul-11 18:20:34

Benefit, You rebel is really good. Only 2 shades to choose from but I love the darker shade. Just enough coverage, but mainly a fresh glow, with SPF.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: