Talk

Advanced search

i am still looking for a new bag....

(24 Posts)
thisisyesterday Sat 30-Jul-11 20:39:10

i want a kind of satchel style. I looked at the scaramanga ones someone had linked to on another thread, and they're quite nice, but I think I want maybe something in a different colour> I'm not really sure.

You all told me off when I said I was considering the Radley grosvenor one, which is probably just as well as I can't really afford it

but do you have any other suggestions? if it's in a sale then even better! ideally want to spend under £80

gregssausageroll Sat 30-Jul-11 20:44:26

As much as I hate radley bags, I actually quite like that one!

Zwitterion Sat 30-Jul-11 21:01:26

This is my second year searching for a lovely bag so I feel your pain.

Came across Zara plaited shopper via another thread I think.

Not satchely enough though I guess!

I'll keep looking.

noddyholder Sat 30-Jul-11 21:03:46

What colour?

thisisyesterday Sat 30-Jul-11 21:09:52

i'm fairly open-minded about colour, was just looking for something a bit more interesting than black or brown really... although if it was a really lovely bag and a good price then brown would be ok.

can you tell i am indecisive???

green would be nice, or any shade of purple. maybe pink or reddish? not orange though.

<browsing zara site now>

Zwitterion Sat 30-Jul-11 21:11:06

Lots at urban outfitters but not many actually made of leather.

Loving the mustard thing going on though - my favourite colour.

Zwitterion Sat 30-Jul-11 21:11:51

X post. Mustard is definitely too orange then.

noddyholder Sat 30-Jul-11 21:12:11

this is great for the £

thisisyesterday Sat 30-Jul-11 21:21:07

Mm i quite like that one in the violet noddyholder

urbanoutfitters have some nice ones too, i quite like the cognac old school satchel, but worried it might be a bit too stiff and plain? do you think? I might need something that's a bit softer and lined?

<ponders>

thisisyesterday Sat 30-Jul-11 21:23:18

ohhh, i want this!!!

which does not fit my criteria at all!!! i think dp might say no though on account of it being £300

noddyholder Sat 30-Jul-11 21:24:08

I have a lulu guinness and Its rubbish!

LauraIngallsWilder Sat 30-Jul-11 21:27:57

TKMaxx is my favourite place for bags - online or in store

Zwitterion Sat 30-Jul-11 21:29:11

Satchels are usually pretty stiff and keep their shape. They don't soften up much in my experience. So do you want something a bit more slouchy then?

Boden has good reviews but only comes in green or pink. I think the green is a lovely colour actually.

thisisyesterday Sat 30-Jul-11 21:36:38

really noddy??? should i step away from the lulu...?

have been keeping an eye out in tkmaxx, but not seen anything so far

thisisyesterday Sat 30-Jul-11 21:39:16

yeah the "favourite satchel "went in the sale on Boden didn't it??? i seem to remember looking at it and i had ruled it out for some reason.. might have been too big? they don't have a picture of someone holding the new version

not sure about the drawstring on that one...

noddyholder Sat 30-Jul-11 21:41:35

Yes it is awkward and looks good but I just don't like it. Doesn't stay shut properly either

thisisyesterday Sat 30-Jul-11 21:51:46

that's a bit crap for the price of them!

Winetimeisfinetime Sat 30-Jul-11 21:55:08

I have a few Lulu Guinness bags which I really like but would never pay full price for them as I don't think they are worth it. If you wnat one of her bags then I would keep an eye on her website as there are frequent sales with really good reductions.

applecrumbleandcream Sat 30-Jul-11 22:29:18

On recommendation from another mn'er I've had a trip to the Fossil store today at Cheshire Oaks (MacArthur Glen outlet village), don't know whether you live near this or have another outlet village close by. I bought this, it is absolutely gorgeous leather, really roomy and will last me years - best of all it was £95!! They had loads that are on the Fossil website in loads of lovely colours - definitely going back when I need/want another bag!

sincitylover Sat 30-Jul-11 22:31:24

Echo TK Maxx

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 30-Jul-11 22:47:54

I've got that fossil bag. smile It's my casual weekend bag.

Zwitterion Sat 30-Jul-11 23:22:11

This is m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/countryid/1/Warehouse/Warehouse-Leather-Ring-Detail-Buckle-Satchel/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1531355&MID=35718&affid=2134&siteID=0RpXOIXA500-OEcRKYwY2xvLsw0LuJuSrAlovely I might get it in grey.

Zwitterion Sat 30-Jul-11 23:23:27

Sorry here

tethersend Sat 30-Jul-11 23:33:30

Here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now