Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm a pear- can I do harems? Anything else? - I'm sick of blooming jeans!

(12 Posts)
lizardqueenie Sat 30-Jul-11 18:22:29

Just like the title says, sick of jeans & linen trousers in the summer which just crease & look sloppy. What other trews can I wear as a plus size pear that won't look awful on my ample arse? Ta smile

JosieRosie Sat 30-Jul-11 20:14:39

Don't listen to the anti-harem brigade on here. They are the next best thing to trackie bottoms in terms of comfort. Regarding style - my DP calls them 'loon pants' but I have had several compliments from female colleagues about my harems. I LOVE 'EM! Go for it OP!

lizardqueenie Sat 30-Jul-11 20:16:59

Thanks JR! Even with my ample bottom? I think I should prob go & try some on just to see.

JosieRosie Sat 30-Jul-11 20:20:15

You'll be just fine. Sick and tired of all the bitching and nastiness on here so you go for it! I would suggest avoiding a skinpy t-shirt with them - go for something slightly longer and enjoy the feeling of NOT being sliced in two x

Ivortheengine8 Sat 30-Jul-11 20:21:12

I have some harem type trousers but they are full length and in cord. They are so comfy even in the summer. They do pears some justice as they do the pregnant apple I have become of late grin
I found anything that has a wider leg at the bottom is best to even out a big butt/hips.
I also like those nice flowy flowery cotton trousers people are wearing this year. If I wasn't pregnant I would have bought some.

JosieRosie Sat 30-Jul-11 20:21:34

Actuallly, trying some on is probably a good idea. I saw a pair in Next months ago - thought they looked comfy but quite gross, tried them on and loved them, have barely taken them off since!

JosieRosie Sat 30-Jul-11 20:22:16

Oh and congratulations on pregnancy Ivor! x

Ivortheengine8 Sat 30-Jul-11 20:23:26

Thanks Josie smile

lizardqueenie Sat 30-Jul-11 21:42:20

Josie- always nice to not be sliced in two! grin

Congratulations Ivor & thanks for the tip. I have just hunted out some harems and they do have that tapering on the bottom, hmm, I am wondering if that will just emphasise my booty rather than complementing it but I might not get an idea until I actually try them on.

Ivortheengine8 Sat 30-Jul-11 21:53:53

Nothing wrong with a good booty grin be proud of it!

LC200 Sun 31-Jul-11 22:02:09

I am a pear and would avoid harem pants like the plague. They look so comfy, and gorgeous on those with no hips, but the excess baggy ruching just adds extra bulk where no extra bulk is required. And wearing them with a long top would just make you look totally shapeless. I find with trousers I just need to go and try on about 40,000 different pairs before I find one that looks vaguely decent. Same with maxi dresses. Being a pear is hard work.

Thandeka Sun 31-Jul-11 22:04:32

Palazzo trousers made in cotton jersey is what you need. I wear em all the time and soo comfy and flattering

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now