Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fitted top with horizontal stripes - okay for large chest?

(7 Posts)
FrozenNorthPole Sat 30-Jul-11 18:04:05

I'm contemplating buying a striped Breton top with long sleeves. Am size 10, 30G chest - will I look utterly ridicuous or will my slim-ish frame compensate?

NanTheWiser Sat 30-Jul-11 18:41:45

In spite of the advice to avoid horizontal stripes if you're a bit on the large side, I've found them to be quite flattering! I am a 34GG, and have four or five striped tops (wearing one now, as a matter of fact) so I'd say go for it!

lawnimp Sat 30-Jul-11 18:43:12

they seem to make my fat stomach look even fatter but i suspect you will be fine with a size 10!

piratecat Sat 30-Jul-11 18:43:25

yes i'd go for it too. i have a fairly ample chest. will be ok, as LONG as your bra is a gud un!

FrozenNorthPole Sat 30-Jul-11 20:20:01

Hurrah! Yes, the bra is a very good one - a recent Bravissimo purchase. Hmm, now to choose the colour of the top. Thank you grin

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 30-Jul-11 20:21:50

It'll be fine. Horizontal stripes more flattering than vertical - its a scientific fact smile But don't ask me to find the evidence as I saw it on QI.

GreyTS Sat 30-Jul-11 20:57:22

I think if the top fits well and the stripes don't get distorted they can be v flattering - I am a similar size ( 10 with 32F's) so I hope I'm right

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now