Talk

Advanced search

What foundation with UV protection do you like?

(8 Posts)
iloverhubarb Sat 30-Jul-11 17:42:10

At the tender age of 49 I have decided that I may start to use a little foundation, or perhaps tinted moisturiser. Probably with sun protection, as my freckles are joining up across my nose to give an unsightly splodge. Feel like maybe a bit more effort from time to time... smile.

But - I don't know where to start. I occasionally wear abit of lip gloss, any maybe eye liner. Which brands should I try? Do I just go up to the counter and try the testers? Anyone have a favourite they could recommend? Don't want to spend loads, help!

Rubiesandrainbows Sat 30-Jul-11 17:51:12

I use Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisterising Balm - it has SPF 25 and really good coverage. It is dewy though, but thats the look I like on me (I just add powder to me nose)

If you want to try it just go to the counter and they will apply it - plus usually anything else you want to try E.G liquid eyeliner/mascara/blusher/concealer/lipstick! And the girls in my bobbi brown counter are all wearing make up, but they look very natural and effortless - not caked on orange and OTT eyelashes! (plus you can often get a few samples too) wink

Rubiesandrainbows Sat 30-Jul-11 17:52:10

Hmm the only thing is it is £33.00 But one pot lasts me ages.

sedgiebaby Sat 30-Jul-11 17:59:38

This is extraordinarily good www.cheapsmells.com/viewProduct.php?id=54633

happy2bhomely Sat 30-Jul-11 19:28:40

I love benefit tinted moisturiser. (the red one) spf 15-£23 and it lasts me a whole year! It leaves me glowing, honestly.

I also love bare minerals spf 15, when I need extra coverage.

I wear body shop vit c moisturiser with spf 30 underneath either way.

iloverhubarb Sat 30-Jul-11 22:46:47

great, thanks so much for advice. Going to have a look for testers in all of these. time to invest I think

Have never heard of bobbi brown but I may go in search of a counter - natural and effortless sounds very good! And cheapsmells - wow, that's good value if it works..

Any others?

FaffTastic Sun 31-Jul-11 11:47:04

Chanel foundation is good and has an SPF. Would recommend also using a facial moisturiser with SPF - this doesn't need to be expensive. I use Nivea Q10 which has an SPF in it and it approx £10 for a tub that lasts ages. Not heavy, is non-greasy and sinks in quickly.

twoboots Sun 31-Jul-11 21:31:33

can't get much cheaper than e.l.f.
you can get a few to try for a suitable shade and its not so important with tinted mosituriser to get an exact match

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now