EuphemiaMcGonagall Sat 30-Jul-11 13:05:25

I'm struggling to find a school coat for DD. It needs to:

? be warm
? be waterproof, or at least water-resistant
? have a hood, not with furry trim
? be navy or royal blue

Help me, intrepid MN sourcers! smile

EuphemiaMcGonagall Sat 30-Jul-11 13:06:37

Not sure why my bullets are showing as question marks! Those are definites, not maybes!

tummytickler Sat 30-Jul-11 13:14:26

No iidea , but watching as I need similar for dd 10!

EdithWeston Sat 30-Jul-11 13:19:57

Try Lands End fleece-lined navigator rain jacket (has a hood which packs into the collar). £35. Available in navy, green and red. Dull but worthy.

John Lewis does similar.

EdithWeston Sat 30-Jul-11 13:25:14

I've just been to look for a link for you - sorry, the Lands End one isn't on its website (it is in the catalogue - under boys, as the girls' one's don't come in school friendly colours). The one that is on-line as the Navigator doesn't have the fleece lining, so is just a cajole, really.

EdithWeston Sat 30-Jul-11 13:30:25

This is the John Lewis one I was thinking of. Available in black or navy. Can be fleece or rain jacket or zipped together.

EuphemiaMcGonagall Sat 30-Jul-11 14:06:10

She'd kill me for getting her a boy's jacket!

I once got her a plain white t-shirt from the boy's section at Asda, as the ones for girls all had cutesie stuff on them. I didn't tell her it was for boys, then of course one of the boys at school had the same one ... hmm

I'll have a look at Lands End though. smile

EdithWeston Sat 30-Jul-11 14:08:09

They' on the girls' page too (don't know why it linked the boys option). We've got one - definitely plain and unisex. Perhaps you could start on the girls school coats page with her, and browse in from there? (That is unless anyone comes up with a better suggestion).

accessorizequeen Sat 30-Jul-11 15:19:44

Don't know if the warm and dry togz jacket might work, unisex I think. It's a good site for jackets anyway. Waterproof world

doglover Sat 30-Jul-11 19:09:18

Have got my dd a (boys) jacket from Mini Boden - exactly same style asthe girls' version but in navy. I'll try to link!!!

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Boys-Coats-Jackets/25047-NAV/Boys-Navy-Fleece-Lined-Anorak.html

EuphemiaMcGonagall Sun 31-Jul-11 17:26:41

Got a lovely one in Sainsbury's! Ticked all the boxes, and only £14!

PGTip Sun 31-Jul-11 17:28:39

Try www.yourschooluniform.com they Di reversible fleece/ rain coats with hoods that pack onto collar. No school logo is £12 and they do a variety of colours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now