Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used those exfoliating hair removal pads?

(22 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Sat 30-Jul-11 11:42:16

I'm becoming increasingly aware of the hair on my face and thought I'd try them...

SchrodingersMew Sat 30-Jul-11 11:44:22

They are brilliant! Just don't do it too hard or you can end up with raw skin. smile

Butterbur Sat 30-Jul-11 11:53:51

Have used them on my legs, and they do leave them nice and smooth. Not a good idea before fake tan though, as it does leave a slightly roughened skin surface, and a streaky tan.

AuntieMaggie Sat 30-Jul-11 11:59:56

Thanks smile they have a set on QVC for 15 quid so might invest in that

SchrodingersMew Sat 30-Jul-11 12:16:48

Those B+M home stores sell them for 75p a packet. Primark sell them for £1!

Buy the cheap ones, they are just as good and they don't last long.

aquos Sat 30-Jul-11 18:21:21

Oh, be careful. Used these on my legs, many, many years ago and almost rubbed the skin off down to the bone. It was very sore. In my defence I was a foolish teenager at the time.

LRDTheFeministDragon Sat 30-Jul-11 21:19:44

I use them, but never on my face! Ouch! They work well on my legs but they need a hard rub against the bone - I can't imagine them not hurting on your face.

MynameisnotEarl Sat 30-Jul-11 21:47:41

I used them on my legs years ago - they were a bit like sandpaper and the hair came through stubbly as if it had been shaved.

FaffTastic Sun 31-Jul-11 11:50:31

Only ever used them on my legs once and they were crap. Really abrasive and didn't leave a smooth finish. Why not try a facial hair removal cream for sensitive skin. Much easier and quicker IMO.

TarquinGyrfalcon Sun 31-Jul-11 11:56:50

I used them once on my legs - I was a bit overenthusiastic on one patch and rubbed it raw. I then get severe impetigo sad. The only positive thing is that on that particular spot the hair is now very sparse! sadly the rest of me is still like a gorilla

TattyDevine Sun 31-Jul-11 19:11:39

ROFFLE at skin down to bone. If I rub my arse will it reduce that I wonder.

Fab a rama

plinkduet Mon 01-Aug-11 01:33:43

Do you mean Silkymits?

They're basically like very velvety fine sandpaper. I found them brilliant for those in -between days between shaving legs or for waxed legs re-growth.

Takes a while though, about ten minutes, and only seemed to work on very short hairs for me.

AmberLeaf Mon 01-Aug-11 01:39:42

Tried these years ago, they worked but took a while, left my skin lovely and smoooth

daimbardiva Mon 01-Aug-11 10:46:49

They worked, but hair growth was v rough and quick (like shavin) and I got bad ingrown hairs. I'm talking legs, btw, not face!

hocuspontas Mon 01-Aug-11 10:49:08

They didn't do anything for my face that 2 seconds with a Bic didn't do. The re-growth was just as quick.

gettingolderbytheday Mon 01-Aug-11 14:23:35

I'd go for Veet wax strips if I were you. Silkymits are very drying on the skin.

AuntieMaggie Mon 01-Aug-11 20:24:50

I'm worried about using wax/razor etc on my face as the hair I'm talking about is very fine sad

gettingolderbytheday Mon 01-Aug-11 20:30:58

I wouldn't shave them because you'll get stubble - if they're fine have you thought about bleaching them?

AuntieMaggie Mon 01-Aug-11 20:35:18

They're already really blonde - hence why I can't have laser treatment sad most people don't even notice apparently because they're only noticeable in the light but I'm gettin more and more conscious of them

theowlwhowasafraidofthedark Mon 01-Aug-11 20:44:47

Have you thought about getting them threaded at an eyebrow bar? The one near us advertises whole face treatment. A bit painful but will last a longer time

valiumredhead Mon 01-Aug-11 21:41:37

Oooooooo they hurt - a lot! I was disappointed.

AuntieMaggie Thu 11-Aug-11 21:24:52

Ok so I bought cheap ones from and guess what - I no longer look like John McCririck!

I can see how they would really hurt if you used them on thicker hair but luckily my 'side burns' were really fine so they worked really well on them and only a little irritation which was sorted with a bit of cream. I really wouldn't use them on my legs.

Now I just need to wait for it to grow back and see how that goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now