Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hairy legs on 9yr old dd

(9 Posts)
livvyliv Sat 30-Jul-11 09:57:45

since another girl pointeD out to my dd that she had really hair legs she is now now really conscious of them and is living in leggings and tights.
I've tried to reassure her but not getting anywhere.
Would you let your dd use hair removal products at this age.really don't want to start this now but not sure of the solution to it.tbh they are dark and noticeable.
Any advice?

TotalChaos Sat 30-Jul-11 10:01:26

yes, I would let her do something - maybe get her a ladyshave instead of using hair removal products, as it's distressing her.

mumto2andnomore Sat 30-Jul-11 10:04:20

If its upsetting her yes I would help her to shave.

Bourbonchops Sat 30-Jul-11 10:19:46

My 7 year old dd has very dark hair on her legs and it's getting more obvious. She has mentioned it but not in a way that it bothers her. The moment it does bother her I will let her use probably Veet or something.
Your dd's friends will have this same issue in 2-3 years so I don't think it's a big deal.

meltedchocolate Sat 30-Jul-11 12:02:47

Agree with others. She will be doing it in a couple of years anyway, why not just save her the upset and let her? smile

sue52 Sat 30-Jul-11 12:08:48

I would do anything that makes her feel happier.

NettoSuperstar Sat 30-Jul-11 12:10:13

I've an almost 10 yr old and have always said I'll let her remove hair as soon as she wants.

PurplePillow Sat 30-Jul-11 12:23:55

My 11 yr old has very hairy legs and as soon as it bothered her I helped her shave them.

She has dark hair all over her body too but it's her legs that bother her most and she has to shave right up her thighs too.

Help her do it, it really is not worth seeing our dd's upset over something that is so easily sorted out grin

Marne Sat 30-Jul-11 12:34:13

My 7 year old is hairy (legs and her back), she hasn't really noticed yet but when she does (in the next few years) then i would be happy to let her shavewax or use hair removal products.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now