Talk

Advanced search

Joico K Pak - any experinces?

(2 Posts)
Loonytoonie Fri 29-Jul-11 20:56:18

My hair was chemically straightened in January this year. The initial 10 days or so were awful - it was flattened to my head to almost comic proportions and no amount of conditioning would get the 'lift' back. I had it done at a reputable salon in the nearby city but when I returned to a local and Aveda-trained stylist, he said that all they'd done was to put in a perm solution and comb my hair through.

He cut my hair to a chin length bob (about 4" off), gave me a thick fringe, and I really liked it. It was sleek, glossy and manageable. I didn't really have a curl to my hair before straightening, but more of a z shaped kink which seemed to worsen after having my children. It was a real pain blow drying it straight, then straightening it, just to get it looking half decent - hence the decision to have it straightened.

6 months later, with regular cuts, it's STILL at chin length if not a bit shorter (we estimated that it's grown about 1cm in that time), the fringe is frayed and hairs are breaking off. The z shaped kink is making a comeback so I'm blow drying and straightening with irons again. My hair is a mess. Terrible condition, dull, lifeless, and awful. It's stopped growing too and I don't know what to do.

I've googled different products and am thinking of trying the Joico K PAK. Does any one have experience of this product? Any advice too would be greatly appreciated.

OldBagWantsNewBag Fri 29-Jul-11 22:54:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now