Talk

Advanced search

Does bodycon by definition

(3 Posts)
BunnyLebowski Fri 29-Jul-11 20:10:03

mean only for skinny minnies??

I'm looking for a dress and have a vision in mind. Something that ties in with my usual wannabe burlesque/pin-up style but is a bit more sexy than my collection of 40's/50's tea dresses and more demure pin-up style frocks.

I quite like this in a kinda Amy Winehouse at the Grammys way (hope that doesn't seem tasteless btw-I'm a huge fan and am genuinely gutted at her death sad).

The thing is as a curvy 12/14 I need more structure/sucking in than tiny wee Amy did. Do you think this dress would be flattering or would it make me look like the proverbial 10lbs of spuds in a 5lb sack?

The fact that the floral material is cotton rather than lycra is making me think it might be a bit more structured than the usual bodycon Herve Leger type of bodycon dress?

Would be planning wearing it with a wee cardie, big hair with flower in, mega eye-liner, retro heels and a really trashy but imo awesome Las Vegas necklace for a big night out smile

What say ye ladies?

BunnyLebowski Fri 29-Jul-11 22:48:16

Ah go on go on go on!

SevenAgainstThebes Fri 29-Jul-11 23:18:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now