Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had Crybaby semi permanent mascara?

(9 Posts)
TracyK Fri 29-Jul-11 18:40:48

Saw a deal for it today - 2 weeks of colour, condition and length for your eyelashes. The salon was quite a bit away from me - but if it was a good treatment - I would look for somewhere closer.

PJFanClub Fri 29-Jul-11 20:37:04

No but saw it advertised and am tempted!

LadyDamerel Fri 29-Jul-11 20:49:21

I've had it - my friend is a beautician so tries all her new stuff out on me.

I don't tend to wear much mascara so it was a bit full on for me. It also made my lashes crunchier than I'm used to which felt odd, to me. My friend gave me quite a vampy look but I assume you could ask for a less full on look if you that's what you like.

However, it doesn't come off or flake and by the end of a fortnight it still looked like I had my usual amount of mascara on.

TracyK Sat 30-Jul-11 08:19:39

I've bought the deal - am looking forward to it! It includes a brow shape and tint too - so worth the travel.
Looking at the US website - it looks like its easier not to wear any mascara during the 2 weeks as there are some kinds you can't use and also some kinds of eye makeup remover aren't suitable.

LadyDamerel Sat 30-Jul-11 15:15:14

I wouldn't have thought you'd need to wear mascara anyway - I certainly didn't! Normal cleanser, toner and eye make up remover didn't affect mine at all. I kept expecting to see a bit on the the cotton wool but it just doesn't shift.

TracyK Sat 30-Jul-11 21:35:27

Did your eyelashes feel better conditioned after they had worn off LadyD? What else has your friend tried on you that you have loved?

LadyDamerel Sun 31-Jul-11 00:57:40

TBH, I couldn't say whether they felt more conditioned or not!

So far I've had Shellac and Minx nails which were good, a fab eyelash perm - that may come as part of your CryBaby, she did it at the same time for me - then various waxings and facially type bits as she decided which products to use.

It's quite good really 'cos it's not stuff I'd usually do, being fairly indifferent to my appearance. I think she's subtly trying to improve me grin.

TracyK Sun 31-Jul-11 14:51:22

Thanks LadyD

iknowanoldlady Thu 11-Aug-11 15:57:54

Just chucking my tuppence worth in here. Just had this done and not at all impressed. It was a fairly uncomfortable experience, with stingy eyes, and the end result is only mediocre. The beautician doing it said (when I went to make appointment) that she would curl eyelashes first and she clearly hasn't. They just look like bog standard mascara-ed (?) lashes and I don't think result was worth the time or discomfort. hey ho - lesson learned!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now