Talk

Advanced search

Kids shoes - narrower than an E fitting?

(10 Posts)
seeksnewnamewithgsoh Fri 29-Jul-11 17:11:38

Anyone know where I can find any?

I don't really want to spend a fortune every time DD gets new shoes. She's outgrown her first pair in 6 weeks.

<sobs>

feckwit Fri 29-Jul-11 17:12:59

hush puppies do narrower sizes and you can sometime get them cheaper in brantano x

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 29-Jul-11 17:29:20

Clarks do a D fitting, but you have to either order them in or go to a larger store.

DS1 is a D, DS2 is an E and DD is a C shock I hate shoe shopping with a passion.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

seeksnewnamewithgsoh Fri 29-Jul-11 17:58:53

Thank you. Apparently Startrite do narrow fittings as well?

She's measuring as an F in Clarks, but they're too wide on. They can pull the Es off while they're still buckled up. I've scoured the website and I can't find any D fittings in the baby shoes.

Janitor, so I might have a lifetime of this?? <locks self in cupboard>

LynetteScavo Fri 29-Jul-11 18:01:13

DD is a D fitting, and I only buy her startrite, as everything else flops off.

Clarks only do D fittings in black school shoes.

LynetteScavo Fri 29-Jul-11 18:02:21

OP, as your DD gets older, you will be able to get away with baseball boots, or another type of boot, as they won't flop off. smile

seeksnewnamewithgsoh Fri 29-Jul-11 19:20:37

I was only saying to DH this week that I can't wait until her feet fit in baby converse blush Then she can join us and we'll be one of those sad converse families with matching hoodies you see bumming around the park grin

I've found a startrite stockist nearby so I'm going to try them, then a couple of independent shops that sell 'continental' shoes if that fails, although that's the expensive option. Fingers crossed they've still got their sales on.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 29-Jul-11 19:29:16

Try Ruiz de la Prada. DD has D fitting. My mam says I am being paid back for the years of traumatic shoe shopping she had with my narrow feet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now