Talk

Advanced search

Its My Birthday, I Have A Cold, Feel Like Shit But Going Out Tonight. How Do I look Like I Feel Ok??

(10 Posts)
magnolia74 Fri 29-Jul-11 16:56:23

I look drawn, tired and much older than 37 sad

Just had hair cut really short and dyed very red so thats not helping the washed out look.

So what can I do to make me look like I'm not death warmed up??

magnolia74 Fri 29-Jul-11 17:47:28

Well you stylish lot are obviously busy washing your hair and looking beautiful wink

Wigglesmummy Fri 29-Jul-11 17:55:12

Stiff gin (or similar), a really good laugh and good blusher. Sorry best I can do.

BunnyLebowski Fri 29-Jul-11 18:01:50

When I'm feeling meh I always find that a really good long invigorating scrub at my face with my exfoliator followed by moisturising as usual improves my complexion instantly and makes my make-up go on smoother.

Throw in a large vino, a dress that you know you look good in and some feelgood tunes as you get ready and I reckon you'll be right wink.

And Happy Birthday wine grin

Steeplearningcurve Fri 29-Jul-11 18:06:59

I second the glass of wine and music when getting ready. smile

Not sure if this is any help but I have my hair dyed red and find that when it's at it's brightest I have to be bolder with my make up than I would expect to balance it out IYSWIM. If nothing else I find darkening my eyebrows and extra blusher 'lifts' the whole look. Of course this may just be me!

PortBlacksandIsleOfDogs Fri 29-Jul-11 18:12:02

Powder on nose to conceal redness. Red hair and pale skin only works well for going out with lots of eye makeup and eyeliner (Believe me, i know).

TracyK Fri 29-Jul-11 18:28:14

A couple of paracetemol too - will make you feel better. And plenty of water.

aliceliddell Fri 29-Jul-11 18:32:29

Have you tried 4Flu, benylin Day & Night, Olbas oil pastilles? Should help the symptoms.

Wigglesmummy Fri 29-Jul-11 19:21:40

Oh yes - drugs - whatever you can. No they don't mix well with alcohol but that's tomorrow's problem.
And - actually came back to say happy birthday, have a lovely time

magnolia74 Sat 30-Jul-11 12:45:53

Thanks girls.
I still felt like shit and to be honest it ruined my mood so didn't feel I looked good even in my knock out outfit sad
Had a huge row with dh last night when we got in and didn't sleep so now feel worse.
Going to start a whole new thread as its more than just the cold making me look old and tired blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now