Talk

Advanced search

I've got a £160 voucher for House of Fraser... what shall I buy?

(11 Posts)
headfairy Fri 29-Jul-11 11:19:53

5'10", size 16, big boobs and hips but smallish waist <sucks in tummy>
Shoes are a bit of an issue as I've got size 9 feet, not massively fussed about handbags, plus I've got a couple of Mulberrys and Radleys for smarts.

I don't need smart stuff for work, tend to live in jeans or smartened versions. Stylewise I like a more pared down look, not too fussy or detailed.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Leather jacket?
Make up?
Clarins beauty flash balm?
Posh sheets? smile

headfairy Fri 29-Jul-11 11:31:48

Hmmm, not a fan of Clarins flash balm wotsit, never done anything to my face. I don't want to spend my birthday money on sheets for dh to sully grin (sorry, forgot to say it's birthday money - I'm in denial grin)

Leather jacket.... hmmm could be. Could I get a decent one for £160?

If you're fancying new make up at all, another suggestion would be Lancome mascara.

Try Ted Baker or Mint Velvet for a leather jacket - no idea how much though: I'm still trying to find a bargain!

Underwear?

moragbellingham Fri 29-Jul-11 12:45:26

Nespresso machinesmile - I'd swap any item of clothing for it!

gregssausageroll Fri 29-Jul-11 13:14:08

does your store have a spa? treatments may be?

headfairy Fri 29-Jul-11 15:11:15

Morag... don't drink coffee, but thanks for the suggestion!

No spa Greggs, didn't know any House of Frasers had them. That would have been lovely otherwise.

I did have a browse through the Mint Velvet stuff, really nice clothes. I've never really looked at them before. Everything else was pretty disappointing. I'm quite tempted to buy a big ring from Swarovski and a giant bottle of my favourite perfume. I'm never too fat for perfume grin

Perfume is a good idea. Be careful with Mint Velvet - the quality is v hit and miss.

headfairy Fri 29-Jul-11 16:10:43

thanks for that, I did get in a bit of a tangle with some of their more creatively designed dresses, and I think I could quite easily have ripped one if I got stuck with a dress halfway over my head grin

LuckyMrsT Fri 29-Jul-11 22:22:42

A pair of L.K. Bennett Sledges? Is a 42 a 9?

or

Leather jackets by Biba or Firetrap?

or

Nice undies? This is nice.

Perfume and the ring you like are great ideas. Have you thought about a nice pair of sunglasses?

SharperSeven Fri 29-Jul-11 22:43:12

Nothing yet; wait for the Autumn stock and buy a coat or jacket, or some boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now