Talk

Advanced search

Where to shop for flattering clothes

(9 Posts)
GillyMac93 Fri 29-Jul-11 09:36:08

Im a big size 12 (if that makes sense) and wondering where other mumsnetters would recommend to shop for clothes that are a nice fit but also on trend for someone who is a bit curvy .Any help would be great .

SarkySpanner Fri 29-Jul-11 09:44:42

Phase eight
Isabella Olivier
Sometimes French Connection

Pootles2010 Fri 29-Jul-11 09:50:10

Are you large of nork? If so, Bravisimo's clothes range Pepperberry is really excellent.

SarkySpanner Fri 29-Jul-11 10:10:21

I disagree.
Every time I buy bravissimo/pepperbury clothes I end up sending them back after a few washes. Piss poor quality (for the price) IME.

Pootles2010 Fri 29-Jul-11 11:24:02

Really? I stand corrected. I've mostly bought posh frocks from there for weddings etc so i guess they wouldnt' get as many washes as day-to-day stuff.

Thanks for the heads up smile

Gillybobs Fri 29-Jul-11 11:29:15

I like Mint Velvet (and no its not ALL grey), Great Plains, some Boden stuff (trousers/jeans and plain merino knitwear), some Autograph and Limited Collection at M&S is also nice, best to get to a big store with the whole range I find, their website doesnt really do it justice.

herbaceous Fri 29-Jul-11 11:32:50

Dotty P is quite flattering to those of us with T and A, unlike most of the young people's fashions about that the mo, which are very boxy and make me look like a sack of potatoes.

I am a curvy, large norked size 12 short-arse and the most flattering things I've ever bought are from Vivienne Westwood. Sadly, I can't afford VW very much, so I also get things from:

The White Company (sales);
Hobbs (sales);
Jeans from Gap (their curvy ones are good);
Oasis are good for jeans too
Some bits from Warehouse, though I don't like it as much as I used to - I do like it for accessories though;
Plain and striped t-shirts from M&S Limited Collection;
I got some skinny combat things from M&S Limited Colelction that are quite flattering;
V occasional bits from Linea Weekend - you have to sift through a lot of v unpleasant stuff to find nice bits though.

I have never, ever seen anything in Bravisimmo that I would consider wearing, dead or alive - sorry!

I'm finding that a further complication is that nearly everything is polyester now and I hate polyester.

GillyMac93 Fri 29-Jul-11 12:22:05

Thanks for all the help , clothes are so overwhelming and im sick of living in leggings and baggy tops!thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now