Talk

Advanced search

Clarisonic

(9 Posts)
AppleHEAD Thu 28-Jul-11 22:02:43

This Clarisonic machine thing was mentioned in GOOP this week by Gwyneth Paltrow... apparently it has made her skin wonderful! I would need some major surgery and for everyone to squint to look like her. But always interested in new idea to help...
Anyone heard of it? Any non movie stars? Not that we're not all movie star potentials.

kyacat Thu 28-Jul-11 22:27:04

Yes I really want to try it, I'm going to buy one at some point. I don't really fancy the feeling of a brush on my skin but I've read so much online about their awesomeness I'll give it a try!

AppleHEAD Thu 28-Jul-11 22:41:13

So does it exfoliate? I saw there are three different types steadily going up in price. Which one will you get?

Jacksmania Thu 28-Jul-11 22:43:41

Got one. Total waste of money. One of those exfoliating sponges does a better job. Or buy a microdermabrasion system - slightly more, but much better.

Seriously, if either one of you wants mine, pay the postage (from Canada, where I live) and it's yours.

AppleHEAD Thu 28-Jul-11 22:50:12

Thanks for the advice! I'm such a sucker I would have got one. Oh well I shall keep searching for that miracle product.....

Jacksmania Fri 29-Jul-11 03:32:43

I'm seriously considering one of those diamond-tipped microdermabrasion systems. The Clarisonic brush vibrates but doesn't rotate - I felt I had to use a lot of pressure and move it in little circles, and was still disappointed.

QuinnFabray Fri 29-Jul-11 08:00:01

Everyone's raving about it on youtube. I found it too harsh, but I have quite sensitive skin. I now use a flannel.

PollyRoxs Fri 29-Jul-11 08:07:20

QVC sell a similar product called a Tresonic for about £40. You could try it out for a couple of weeks and return it before the 30 day money back guarantee runs out if you don't get on with it. It also comes with different heads, including one for sensitive skin.

snailsontour Fri 29-Jul-11 10:26:02

I have the Clarisonic Pro - and love it. The Pro has a body attachment, and you can use it in the shower etc. There are brushes for sensitive and also normal skin, and I can use both and don't find the normal too harsh.

I first bought the Tresonic from QVC (and one for my daughter), and thought it was very good and really made my skin glow. I bought the Clarisonic as I'm a sucker for wanting 'The Best', and must confess that I'm not sure whether the Clarisonic is any better than the Tresonic, but I guess my skin was in such good nick from using the Tresomic that the improvement may not have been so obvious. The Tresonic can also be used to massage and apply your creams, but I've not used it that way.

These devices are cleansing machines, not exfoliators as such, and I really believe that by deep cleansing your skin, you provide the most perfect base for any lotions and potions you then pop on your skin.

I whole heartedly recommend these devices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now