Talk

Advanced search

Mirrors in Next

(9 Posts)
Helltotheno Thu 28-Jul-11 20:39:01

Maybe this was covered, if so, apologies smile
Does anyone find the mirrors in Next grossly unflattering? I was in there today and was shocked that I looked huge (size 12) from the back and basically depressingly awful. Then I came home and felt I didn't quite as bad??!
Is it just me?

ElectricSoftParade Thu 28-Jul-11 20:41:42

I started a thread about the mirrors in Next a while ago, I think in Chat.

I agree, they are EVIL.

So, I don't go in Next anymore. grin

Helltotheno Thu 28-Jul-11 21:15:53

I'll have a look in Chat... Phew, I'm so glad I'm not the only one, that had me down in the dumps that did.. Note to self: Avoid Next!

TheCrackFox Thu 28-Jul-11 21:26:27

I can't work it out - is it the mirrors or the lighting or a combination?

If I was running a chain of shops I would install mirrors that make people look 10lb lighter.

TheProvincialLady Thu 28-Jul-11 21:28:27

Did you really look as big as a size 12 from the back? Blimey, I won't risk going in there thenwink

thenightsky Thu 28-Jul-11 21:29:09

They are not as bad as the ones in Monsoon.... I look seriously obese in them sad

TheProvincialLady Thu 28-Jul-11 21:29:31

Personally i'd rather have the worst of it in the shop, so that if I look even a halfway reasonable i'll look like a goddess in normal conditions.

Helltotheno Thu 28-Jul-11 21:49:47

'Did you really look as big as a size 12 from the back?'
Well I know how it sounds but ..hmm.. I dunno I just thought I looked huge then it started a whole (bad) thought process in my head about is a 12 really a 12 these days or is it what used to be a bigger size?

Yes but if you think you look gross in the shop, you wouldn't buy it surely? I'd go for the mirrors making you look slimmer, well maybe not 10lb slimmer, maybe 5 or 6. That way at least you'd think you looked well in it and buy it as a result.

MonkeyJungleConga Fri 29-Jul-11 07:27:36

I hate everything about Next. Mirrors, their online system, the sale. Hideous store. Shame coz some of the clothes look quite nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now