Talk

Advanced search

Which changing bag?

(13 Posts)
LittlePickleHead Thu 28-Jul-11 16:29:45

Which bag would you have liked to receive as a babyshower gift?

Bought one for my friend, but just realised she has asked for a different one on her giftlist (which I hadn't checked). I think the one I have chosen is nicer but wanted to garner opinion - I know she can take it back if she doesn't like it, but I feel a bit bad getting the wrong one...

www.johnlewis.com/231301626/Product.aspx
www.storksak.co.uk/product.php?shopprodid=454&variantid=375

Eglu Thu 28-Jul-11 16:33:44

I'm going to take a guess here and assume you have bought the onik lining one and your friend has chosen the other one.

I love pink lining bags and think they are gorgeous, but maybe your friend doesn't want something so girly. The other one is more practical looking.

LittlePickleHead Thu 28-Jul-11 16:36:19

I'm not going to say which one I've chosen until I get more opinions! I think I know my friend quite well, so I was surprised by her choice...

SleepySuzy Thu 28-Jul-11 16:39:56

I think they are ridiculously expensive, but personally like the red one best.

LittlePickleHead Thu 28-Jul-11 16:42:04

OK, well I mentioned to her I might get a change bag and she said she wanted something colourful, that didn't look like a change bag. She is very retro/cool in her style, and I have a storksak so I've bought that. Which is why I'm surprised about the Pink Lining because they are very girly, and look very much like a change bag?
I think the Storksak is much nicer.

And yes, they are v. expensive but she's my best friend and I want to treat her smile

apple99 Thu 28-Jul-11 17:02:45

I prefer the Storksak and having had one myself they last and wear really well.

Zwitterion Thu 28-Jul-11 17:04:27

I much much prefer the red one. I wouldn't touch that other one with a barge pole, sorry.

bacon Thu 28-Jul-11 17:17:48

Pink lining bags are not waterproof inside and leach out the coloured lining and for £80 I think is ludicrous!

I bought a cheaper homemade one on e-bay. much more pratical totally waterproof and big.

TattyDevine Thu 28-Jul-11 17:30:49

They are both perfectly fine changing bags.

It doesn't really matter which one people like etc...her reasons for choosing the one she chose are her own and hard to predict.

If I had since found out she had one on her list, I'd return the one I got and get her that one.

MadStaringEyes Thu 28-Jul-11 17:37:08

I am not a Pink Lining fan, so it would be the StorkSak for me.

Zwitterion Thu 28-Jul-11 17:38:27

Yes wise words from Tatty. I rather missed the point there! You should get the one she wants.

LittlePickleHead Thu 28-Jul-11 18:24:13

Oh well, a bit late as the babyshower is tomorrow so no chance to change it, I'll just have to say she can change it if she wants to.
The thought was there at least!

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 29-Jul-11 13:26:40

OP if you friend does change it and it is the Pink Lining one she wants she should buy it direct from their website as it is in the sale half price, I just got it for my sister. I think they are expensive full price but this seemed quite a bargain.

www.pinklining.co.uk/shop/sale/changing-bags/blooming-gorgeous-peace-blossom

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now