Talk

Advanced search

best skinny jeans?

(15 Posts)
qwepoi Thu 28-Jul-11 09:00:03

But not too ££ ! I've worn boden straightleg jeans for years but have just realised that they actually look pretty baggy and frumpy on me as my legs are not really as chunky as I think they are (thanks to mother for pointing out my 'awful old trousers'!). I think it's time to for an image revamp after 4 years of pg and bf, but I am a bit self conscious.
Anyway price range £50 ish. I am size 8 in whitestuff and have some crop trousers that fit a treat - anyone know what their jeans are like.

Zwitterion Thu 28-Jul-11 09:04:54

I've just bought some high waisted top shop skinnies - here which I like very much.

Zwitterion Thu 28-Jul-11 09:06:46

Also have some WS straight legs but they are too low rise for me. I have virtually no difference in size between my hips and waist so need high waisted to keep jeans up.

qwepoi Fri 29-Jul-11 08:17:19

Thank you - anyone else?

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Fri 29-Jul-11 08:37:50

I like & have new look skinny jeans,fit really well & really good price & mine have lasted so well.

& as much as I am not the biggest fan of next,their jeans are a really good fit as they don't have the over generous sized hips (am a straight up & down shape,no defined waist but slim hips)

For really flattering jeans not for everyday I have Ted Baker & get so many comments about how great they look.

wrigglytummy Fri 29-Jul-11 11:59:59

I took the skinny jean plunge last year and was recommended the Oasis ones on here (sorry the name escapes me, I'll look when I get home - at work now!). They are fab - no bagginess, good colour & are still going strong since buying them last autumn. I'd recommend giving them a try if you are near an Oasis shop.

AnnieWinehouse Fri 29-Jul-11 15:06:10

Topshop Moto baxter skinny jeans. Go a size smaller than your usual size. About £40. Swear by em!

kyacat Fri 29-Jul-11 18:04:39

I agree Topshop skinnys are excellent, especially the high-waisted ones smile reasonably priced at £40 and just the right amount of lycra to give some stretch.

I tried a pair of Next skinnys on and just about exploded out of them when I tried to bend, no lycra!

gregssausageroll Fri 29-Jul-11 18:05:19

M&S. £8 a pair. Don't go all baggy at the knee or arse. Fit well around waist and hips and a good length. I only wear mine with knee high boots

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 29-Jul-11 21:09:53

I have Boden skinny jeans (which are currently in the sale). They are quite tight on my calves, which takes a bit of getting used to, but I have very chunky calves. They fit well everywhere else.

Olivetti Fri 29-Jul-11 21:40:41

I'm flogging some Oasis my cherry ones on the sale boards here (not sure whether I'm allowed to say that, but I don't think anyone ever looks at the wanted/for sale boards!!)

peasandlove Sat 30-Jul-11 11:20:08

I saw these Mango jeans earlier on Asos here which I really like - great price too, only £14. asos has loads of jeans under £50 at the mo.

BulletWithAName Sat 30-Jul-11 11:31:50

Topshop moto. I have 5 pairs in black, they've been re-dyed and they still look fab and have kept their shape brilliantly.

Beesok Sat 30-Jul-11 11:43:39

Try Uniqlo skinnies - they are great and I think around £30 smile

ifancyashandy Sat 30-Jul-11 11:58:38

YY to Top Shop Baxters. Or their Jamies which are very very skinny but with lycra.

And French Commection ones are also great. Bit more pricey - around £80 but great colour and fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now