Talk

Advanced search

Finally-a sale bargain!

(9 Posts)
prudaloo Wed 27-Jul-11 21:31:13

Have posted a couple of times bemoaning the lack of decent stuff to suit me in the sales.
Finally got a bargain yesterday- a pale coffee lace dress from Mint Velvet for DD. Beautiful- bands of differently patterned heavy lace, shift style.
Reduced from £99 to £19 because of a small fault which took me 10 mins to fix on my sewing machine smile

prudaloo Wed 27-Jul-11 21:31:53

Still nothing for me though sad

OldBagWantsNewBag Wed 27-Jul-11 22:12:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

prudaloo Wed 27-Jul-11 22:49:04

Agree, most of it is just depressing. Even if I wanted a batwing top in orange paisley synthetic crap, it will soon be too cold to wear it.
I think I prefer winter clothes anyway; there is some early stuff creeping in and I have glimpsed some tan leather bags and shoes and lots of lovely rust shades with cream sweaters which excite me more than wondering which rather saggy, pale bit of me needs covering the most!

newgirl Wed 27-Jul-11 22:52:00

office had loads of sandals and shoes further reduced today - i got leather sandals for £16 so might be worth a look. always easier to buy shoes than clothes!!

OldBagWantsNewBag Wed 27-Jul-11 23:05:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bohica Wed 27-Jul-11 23:11:37

That is a bargain smile I'm in desperate need for work clothes, managed to pick up a pair of trousers in Coast yesterday reduced from £80 to £25.

WhatsWrongWithYou Wed 27-Jul-11 23:17:10

Well done for that bargain- I tried that dress back in June, but my boobs distorted the layers. Lovely dress, though.

I had a trawl today, and found a basic layering t-shirt in Whistles and a couple of tops in Kaliko, where I never usually look (think it's a bit old, but some nice stuff mixed in).

Also found sandals on Dottie P's, but struggled to find the wedges I wanted - they seem to have all disappeared, in my local town at least.
Slow on the uptake this year.

prudaloo Wed 27-Jul-11 23:34:20

Would not be good on me either, Whatswrong, but I think t'will be perfect on slim, size 10 DD envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now