Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Boden reviews- are they genuine?

(10 Posts)
ameliagrey Wed 27-Jul-11 19:09:04

Just wondering. I posted a few yesterday, all downbeat, which aren't up yet- the only ones which are give 5 *s and glowing reports.

Do you think they get the marketing team to post?

tulpe Wed 27-Jul-11 19:21:16

I have had less than glowing reviews put up on their site but I have also had those published which are more flattering too.

They take a few days to appear.

HoneyDuke Wed 27-Jul-11 19:24:58

They are but they cull a lot of the bad ones

SerendipityAlways Thu 28-Jul-11 09:26:32

From my experience they publish all reviews, good and bad. Any review I've ever written has eventually been put on the web site, but agree with previous poster, they do take a few days to appear.

BikeRunSki Thu 28-Jul-11 09:28:42

I think they must be, as I only ever seem to see bad ones which have put me off buying whatever I was thinking about.

HoneyDuke Thu 28-Jul-11 09:55:20

I've written bad reviews which haven't been published

polyhymnia Thu 28-Jul-11 10:36:15

All mine have always been published, good and bad.

JemimaMuddledUp Thu 28-Jul-11 10:38:47

All of mine have been published, but it does take a couple of days

MrsMilton Thu 28-Jul-11 13:04:30

I think they must be genuine because they are always so universally bad! I can't believe they don't edit them a bit more actually.

Butterbur Thu 28-Jul-11 13:11:43

Editing reviews seems fradulent to me. The very presence of a review function implies that it is impartial. Culling bad reviews is deceptive and wrong.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: