Talk

Advanced search

How the blinking arse do you use liquid eyeliner?

(16 Posts)
GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 27-Jul-11 18:15:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tethersend Wed 27-Jul-11 19:18:52

Most importantly, rest your elbow on the table to steady your hand.

Paint the smooth line above your lashes and then 'fill in' the gap between that and your lashes.

BulletWithAName Wed 27-Jul-11 20:00:26

Try L'oreal Super Liner, it's really good.

Empusa Wed 27-Jul-11 20:06:59

Hold mirror low down, look down so your eyes are almost closed, use eyeliner. Keep eyes closed to give eyeliner a chance to dry. (I always count to 30)

I find that the shorter the eyeliner brush is, the easier it is to use. So I tend to avoid brands that have a brush like this, and stick to brushesd more like this

catswipe Thu 28-Jul-11 08:40:59

Just use an eye definer in black instead. It's a twist up liner that goes on thicker than kohl but without all the issues you outlined above. Collection 2000 do one for pennies as does Avon. They stay put too.

meltedchocolate Thu 28-Jul-11 09:42:12

Sorry to disappoint but I think a lot of it is practice. I have only just managed to do it so I know how you feel!!

bunjies Thu 28-Jul-11 10:12:21

I have heard that it's easier to use a felt tip pen style liner rather than the ones that are akin to mini paint brushes. I'm buggered if I know where to find one that doesn't costs a fortune though.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 28-Jul-11 13:06:56

BulletWithAName Thu 28-Jul-11 13:08:52

I've tried quite a few Vivian but I really found the L'oreal was 'worth it'!

Terrible joke, I'll get my coat... grin

fraktious Thu 28-Jul-11 13:41:45

Maybelline do a good felt tip style liner. It's called liner express IIRC.

BulletWithAName Thu 28-Jul-11 13:47:18

I use this one too fraktious because the Super Liner doesn't come in brown. It's very good too.

Orlando Thu 28-Jul-11 13:47:48

My top tip is to use v dark charcoal-coloured eyeshadow and sharp, wedge-shaped eye make-up brush. Wet brush slightly and load the brush - you can vary the intensity of colour by how wet the brush is and how much eyeshadow you put on it. Keep it a bit watered down until you get your hand in!

Orlando Thu 28-Jul-11 13:50:08

This is the brush I have £1.66!! Blimey O'Reilly, I'm off to buy a spare...

valiumredhead Thu 28-Jul-11 16:43:44

I have that brush orlando it's very good and I also use wet eyeshadow too!

Quodlibet Thu 28-Jul-11 16:48:44

I don't know but I hope you are using Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara for your blinking arse.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 28-Jul-11 18:06:42

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now