Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Getting the zip in my really nice purse fixed - how?!

(7 Posts)
anonymousbird Wed 27-Jul-11 17:13:29

I have a lovely Mulberry (yes I know - don't flame me!) purse which I have had for a number of years. It is absolutely mint still and just the right size. The only (not inconsiderable problem) is that the zip is completely broken and the coins all fall out if the purse tips over in my bag. True to form, it is completely stitched in and looks like a nightmare to try and remove/repair it as I don't see any other way than a completely new zip.

Any ideas anyone?! Anyone know of any online services offering this type of repair?!

The current equivalent purse is £200+ and if there is a way of getting this one repaired then I will pay out a bit of dosh.

Thanks. smile

Geordieminx Wed 27-Jul-11 17:14:37

I would contact mulberry first.

If they cant help then timpsons/ local cobbler

starfishmummy Wed 27-Jul-11 17:18:31

I would look for a good old fashioned cobbler as well

ramade Wed 27-Jul-11 17:22:45

look in the yellow pages for a seamstress (they take up trousers, adjust waistbands etc) a simple zip replacement will be easy for them.

TheFarSide Wed 27-Jul-11 18:00:10

Be careful choosing someone though, as I had a zip put in a skirt and they really botched it. As Geordie suggested, Mulberry might be able to help - might even fix it for you for free if you're lucky.

hellymelly Wed 27-Jul-11 18:05:48

Most good companies,like Mulberry,have someone that they use for repairs.I would be surprised if they couldn't help,but if not then Selfridges used to do it,so you could give them a call.

anonymousbird Wed 27-Jul-11 19:30:23

Some great tips here, and yes, I will phone Mulberry first I think....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now