(29 Posts)
slartybartfast Wed 27-Jul-11 13:13:00

please grin

WhollyGhost Wed 27-Jul-11 13:15:56

urea

WhollyGhost Wed 27-Jul-11 13:16:13

cream containing urea that is grin

homeaway Wed 27-Jul-11 13:20:15

Neutrogena foot cream, it works wonders. You could use the hand cream as that is also very good. If they are really bad then you need to get rid of the dead skin first, so give your feet a good soak and use a foot file but be gentle, then cream them up and they will be as good as new smile.

gregssausageroll Wed 27-Jul-11 13:34:35

I bought plastic shoe boxes from ebay and stack them up in the wardrobe.....or is it your foot heels you are talking about?!

mittenkitten Wed 27-Jul-11 14:37:45

Ha ha greggs, I thought the same thing -- that we were talking about doing a shoe wardrobe cull. Saw the response "urea" and became mightily confused.

Yes, it's almost a quarter of three and I am still not caffeinated enough to function.

daimbardiva Wed 27-Jul-11 15:24:07

Flexitol hell balm. IT's fab.

daimbardiva Wed 27-Jul-11 15:24:19

Er, heel balm!!!

HackneyCabbage Wed 27-Jul-11 15:56:10

I have horrific heels. I second Flexitol, the only thing that works. I would start off with a damn good pedicure. or soak feet and use one of those heal shaving things with blades like old fashioned razors that take all the dead skin off (don't do it too much though!). then flexitol twice a day.

alice15 Wed 27-Jul-11 16:12:14

I third Flexitol - it's miraculous - in my case combined with filing with something that looks like a giant industrial emery board. Works brilliantly.

stupefy Wed 27-Jul-11 16:13:13

I've got a heel grater.

EldritchCleavage Wed 27-Jul-11 16:17:05

Heel grater, exfoliant cream and then one of those leave on overnight creams. I use the Benefit one. lather on the moisturiser the next morning and Bob's your Uncle.

Littlepumpkinpie Wed 27-Jul-11 19:54:47

First off soak your feet 20 mins Get a ped egg heel grater from superdrug and file awaysmile Then put LOADS of nice heel balm on bung on some socks and wake up to lovely feet in the morning

brighthair Wed 27-Jul-11 20:01:21

Foot file on dry feet. Soak feet. Scrub with hard core exfoliater. Slather with flexitol or any thick cream, put socks on

slartybartfast Wed 27-Jul-11 20:40:22

thanks grin

it is my own heels

not keen on grating them hmm
but might have to

PassTheTwiglets Thu 28-Jul-11 07:58:30

I always wonder about this - doesn't the cream soak into the socks instead of into your heels?

AuntieMaggie Thu 28-Jul-11 13:16:54

Yep same thing - scrub all the dead skin off after soakingthem and then cover them in vaseline and put on some socks!

JanMorrow Thu 28-Jul-11 15:22:27

Grating them is really satisfying but you'll be horrified by the amount that comes off, it looks like parmesan! And ped eggs don't catch it all so do it over some newspaper/a towel! Rank eh!!

valiumredhead Thu 28-Jul-11 15:25:50

Fexitol heel balm.

apple99 Thu 28-Jul-11 19:19:48

This foot file on dry feet, then soak and use a scrub if you want to followed by flexitol heel balm. I do it before bed so no need for socks and not rubbing it off all over the carpet. The file is expensive but very good, mine is 5 years old and still like new with regular all year round use.

Littlepumpkinpie Thu 28-Jul-11 19:34:14

PassTheTwiglets the heat from your feet let cream soak in faster.and stops it going all over carpets smile Same with dry hands cover in cream before bed and use little cooton gloves LOL mine always come off in the night when I do my hands smile

Oh god I want £40 to spend on a foot file envy I soooo need it.

Op, file and cream pref. with flexitol daily until feet look better.

I wouldn't ever ped egg, I used one for a while and ruined my feet, they went a million times worse and it has taken a couple of years to get them back to normal, stick to filing.

MissFoodie Fri 29-Jul-11 09:47:10

- believe it or not, the foot cream with the highest urea content is not flexitol, it's superdrug's own cracked heel balm, in white and pink tube
- I tried ped egg and did nothing for me, the best is a blade, you can get them in boots and they are used for pedicures, amazing things!

pointydog Fri 29-Jul-11 09:52:59

I heard that if you over-shred your feet, it actually encourages thicker hard skin growth.

MissFoodie Fri 29-Jul-11 10:06:43

think so too, but am crap at putting foot cream on.....!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now