Talk

Advanced search

Okay- are leggings a must have for autumn...????

(6 Posts)
ameliagrey Wed 27-Jul-11 11:51:47

I remember leggings from first time round- 20+ years back- when I wore flowery Laura Ashley ones. Gawd.

I do have a pair that I wear with an almost-dress- but lots of pics of autumn wear have them teamed with quite short tunics.

I am old ( though look mid 40s I am told) and a size 10.

Another problem is that you have to have a full length coat when it's cold, otherwise you look as if you are wearing a mini skirt and tights with a 3/4 length coat or jacket.

homeaway Wed 27-Jul-11 13:31:08

I have been wondering whether i could get away with them as well, I am in the same age bracket as you but am petite. I might go and try my daughters cropped ones one to see what they look like. She wears them with pumps which looks great ! I could not imagine wearing the really long ones though, I think i would rather stick the thick opaque tights! Sorry I am not much help.

ZZZenAgain Wed 27-Jul-11 13:37:08

if you are a size 10, you could probably wear them if you like the look. I would only wear them around home personally but if you like them, get them, they don't cost much, so what do you lose? I would only wear them tone in tone with the top or an extra long pullover and never a contrast colour - shoot me as boring

Balconygarden Wed 27-Jul-11 15:49:17

I'm early 40's and also remember them from the first time around, and I'm sooo glad that they're back after 10+ years of jeans, jeans, jeans! The trick is to find some in a thick fabric (I found some in M&S last year), and save the ones in a flimsy fabric for wearing under dresses. I do,however, think that you definitely need a longer coat with them to avoid a mini-skirted look.

Cleverything Wed 27-Jul-11 15:51:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Littlepumpkinpie Wed 27-Jul-11 22:15:33

I wore leggings last winter with knee length jumpers and DH thought I looked lovely in them . I am also young enough to remember wearing them 18years ago smile Just hit 40 and they make a nice change from dresses and jeans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now