Talk

Advanced search

harem pants

(24 Posts)
JoleneTheNunsnetter Tue 26-Jul-11 18:17:00

My dh says he loves a women in a pair of harem pants but I'm not so sure-theywould probably make me look like a camel. sad
I am thinking knee length leopard print with gladiator sandals. Maybe heels for a classier look.
What do you think about harem pants? Do you wear them?

anonymousbird Tue 26-Jul-11 18:29:25

Absolutely no disrespect, but are you sure that your DH is not on a wind up?!

They are not cool or classy under any circumstances whatsoever.

If you are not sure, you are on the right lines... stick to them!

Dogsby Tue 26-Jul-11 18:31:47

i have new look cropped ones.
not a dropped crotch.

tulpe Tue 26-Jul-11 18:34:55

I wear them - mostly for yoga but not embarrassed to wear them at other times too smile. Mine are from Hush and are slate grey, knee length and without the saggy bum which seems to dominate most pairs.

My DH dislikes them with a passion but understands my yoga usage. He would fall about laughing if I suggested wearing them to go to pub etc though.

IslaValargeone Tue 26-Jul-11 18:36:30

Leopard print harem pants? I think not.

Butterbur Tue 26-Jul-11 18:41:51

Are you sure he's not thinking of those diaphanous wisps worn by belly dancers?

JoleneTheNunsnetter Tue 26-Jul-11 18:51:29

Oops, maybe he was joking. I will look into the hush pairs. blush Nope he said harems

SevenAgainstThebes Tue 26-Jul-11 20:56:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

omnishambles Tue 26-Jul-11 20:58:27

Hush ones v.good though so comfy I have on occasion worn them out of the house. They have got cropped ones too.

JoleneTheNunsnetter Wed 27-Jul-11 13:40:48

Great will have a look smile

mittenkitten Wed 27-Jul-11 14:31:18

But by "harem pants" did he mean "harem pants"? Men are notorious for not even knowing the difference between a skirt and a dress. Before you spend money make him point out what he means or draw a diagram.

If my DH had said this I would assume he could be talking about anything from palazzo pants to a playsuit.

JoleneTheNunsnetter Wed 27-Jul-11 14:36:14

I'll have to ask him again, he probably did mean palazzo pants...or something...

mittenkitten Wed 27-Jul-11 14:40:27

Or, you know, skin-tight capris. Or those shiny black disco pants worn by Olivia Newton John at the end of "Grease" . . . the possibilities are endless . . . grin

MittzyTheVixen Wed 27-Jul-11 14:46:07

A girl was wearing them to Zumba on Monday with a fitted but not tight T, and she looked really lovely smile

JoleneTheNunsnetter Wed 27-Jul-11 15:16:27

Could be anything really. grin
Thank you all for helping on the harem pants situation

BuckBuckMcFate Wed 27-Jul-11 15:30:32

I have just had to phone DP and ask him did he start this thread.

I am the proud owner of nearly leopard print harem pants and I love them.

DP loathes them and has said 'I have never said anything about any of your clothes in all of the years we have been together but please do not wear your mc hammer pants in public with me' shock

I do still wear them though, they are without doubt the most comfortable trousers I own.

I thought he was doing an AIBU by stealth to try and shame me into not wearing them when you all came on and said they're horrendous grin

JoleneTheNunsnetter Wed 27-Jul-11 15:32:51

nope! Not your dp! I love them too grin

BuckBuckMcFate Wed 27-Jul-11 15:41:12

Go for it then jolene.

Wear them with pride. And if your DP likes them too you won't have to listen to him singing 'can't touch this' when you wear them grin

JoleneTheNunsnetter Thu 28-Jul-11 16:04:09

haha I'm off shopping for them now

Zondra Thu 28-Jul-11 21:56:42

I have black & grey tailored harems that are really flattering & very comfy. I love them as they can be dressed up & down.
Recently, bought leopard print, silk harems after much pontificating if I was committing Style Crimes-they are amazing on! Adore them & actually DH does,too, although he pleased with me not to get them!

Zondra Thu 28-Jul-11 21:57:48

Bloody iPhone- * pleaded!

BuckBuckMcFate Fri 29-Jul-11 21:08:13

Did you find any jolene?

We'll have to start a corner of mn for harem wearers smile

Yours sound lovely zondra (hope I've got your name right, can't get back to thread to check on iPhone)

Zondra Fri 29-Jul-11 21:49:47

BuckBuckMcFate - We should start the MN Harem Appreciation Society. wink

Here are my amazing harems- www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod110790082&parentId=cat980731harems

BuckBuckMcFate Sat 30-Jul-11 00:05:25

Zondra, I have harem envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now