Talk

Advanced search

O SPA London

(10 Posts)
MissWooWoo Tue 26-Jul-11 14:38:25

Does anyone have any experience of O SPA London?

Is there anywhere nicer in London for a spa day/treaments? I'm looking for the kind of place that will really really take care of me and I'd rather be offered a glass of champagne than a cup of mint tea. Does such a place exist??

Beesok Tue 26-Jul-11 14:43:53

I had a voucher for a mani/pedi at O Spa on Regent Street and it was terrible - the worst I ever had and I get my nails doe regularly

Try Illuminata Spa in Mayfair and I hear the spas at Harrods and Manadarin Oriental are pretty good smile

HarperNine Tue 26-Jul-11 14:57:42

i would stay away from them, google o spa london reviews and you'll see why! i bought a grooming experience for my dh for fathers day, all confirmed online etc and when he turned up on the day the barber had taken someone else in for the same treatment apparently with the same name as my dh and because he was blind and had been attacked on the tube the night before????!!! my dh waited 40 minutes to be asked to leave! it appears our experience is nothing new...

try one of the 5 star hotels in london, service and quality will be guaranteed!

ClaireDeLoon Tue 26-Jul-11 15:07:42

It's an oldie but what about the Sanctuary? They will happily serve you champagne.

MissWooWoo Tue 26-Jul-11 15:07:49

oh dear, how terrible, the total opposite of the kind of experience I want then. Shocking!

I've had a look at the ones you recommended Beesok they all look glorious ... I do deserve it don't I? blush

Beesok Tue 26-Jul-11 16:17:11

MissWooWoo of course you do! grin I only tried Illuminata as I got a pamper day birthday gift from my lovely husband smile but friends have tried the others and were happy - I am tempted to try the Mandarin myself and afterwards I highly recommend lunch at Bar Boulud downstairs - best gourmet burger in London! ;)

Re sanctuary - went there with a bunch of girls and actually wasn't impressed, it was OK and you can def. have champagne but I felt it was crowded and sort of "impersonal" and the treatments weren't that great - the massage was good though.

polyhymnia Tue 26-Jul-11 16:25:11

Don't know about the London one - have never fancied it somehow - but recently went to the branch of the Sanctuary in Richmond and was very poor - one of worst ever pedicures. Apart from actual technician being amateurish,they didn't even have a half-way reasonable choice of colours, and I had to ask for a glass of water!

Have had good experiences at the Mandarin and at Claridges in my time. Also at Elemis off Bond Street but have heard that might have gone downhill. There's always the Urban Retreat at Harrods too (though I'm not generally a Harrods fan - too 'theme-park' like!) And Liberty's could be worth a try.

MissWooWoo Tue 26-Jul-11 16:25:12

I have a similar feeling about The Sanctuary, although the nice thing about it is you can lounge around reading magazines as if you are on hoilday. This time round I'm looking for something a bit more special though. I really like the Illuminata but I like the look of this one too

it's so hard to choose! I just want to get it "right" iyswim

polyhymnia Tue 26-Jul-11 16:29:43

PS You can get a glass of champagnre at my hairdressers, Charles Worthington, and they also do manis and pedis, and, I understand, are introducing beauty services.

Now I've started thinking about it, can recommend other hairdressers' beauty spas too - the one at Richard Ward on Sloane Sq is good (and Middleton-approved, if you care!), as is the one at Hari's in South Kensington.

MissWooWoo Tue 26-Jul-11 16:33:28

I'm also wondering how to get round ruining it all by having to return home blush at the end of the day - unfortunately I couldn't stretch to an over night stay mores the pity

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now