Talk

Advanced search

Users of Rimmel (or similar) wash-off fake tan, I have a question for you.

(13 Posts)
iWILLdothis Tue 26-Jul-11 13:58:56

I'm currently liking Rimmel tan BUT am worried about wearing it on a day that it might rain.... does it not all wash off and run down your legs? Reason I ask is I was wearing it one hot day, when DD was in paddling pool with cousins and I had a funny mishap with the tap & hose when filling the pool....leaving my legs with big long white streaks and running with brown water. Thankfully the only company was kids and SIL so I could nip inside and fix the matter.....but what if I was out and it started raining heavily???? Anyone had this happen to them?

iWILLdothis Tue 26-Jul-11 21:15:12

are my legs a lost cause then? am I doomed to covering them up forever more for fear of rain?
<sobs>

Rubiesandrainbows Tue 26-Jul-11 21:19:30

Sorry yes, the rain will wash off your wash-off fake tan. I think thats why so many of us go for the non-wash off option....

Have you thought about biting the bullet with a gradual proper fake tan like Dove Summer glow? Very good colour, really moisterising, doesnt wash off in the rain! smile

iWILLdothis Tue 26-Jul-11 21:22:53

Oh dear. That's what I thought. Tried the Johnsons one at the beginning of the summer and I must be allergic as it made my legs itch like crazy. Tried the Dove one last year and didn't really like it. Hmmmm.....what to do now?

Rubiesandrainbows Tue 26-Jul-11 21:28:12

ive aso tried the johnsons one and hated everything about it - found it a very yellow colour. The only reason I say Dove is because i usually use St tropez gradual tan mouse but money is tight this month so I bought the dove one at a fiver, and the colour is identical to the st tropez....

The st tropez one is really good, but more £££

iWILLdothis Wed 27-Jul-11 07:53:28

is the st tropez one also gradual like the Dove one?
I think the reason I didn't get on with it was I wasn't dilligent enough at applying it every day. A few chilly days and I wouldn't apply it cos legs are covered up...then all of a sudden weather good again and I want to go bare legs but can't because legs too white as I hadn't been using it. I like the immediate effect of Rimmel. humph! I'm just too impatient and lazy! smile

ifancyashandy Wed 27-Jul-11 09:00:43

Piz Buin do one that is both instant and gradual. Best of both!

iWILLdothis Wed 27-Jul-11 11:29:00

that sounds interesting....how does that work???? I'm intrigued!

Rubiesandrainbows Thu 28-Jul-11 20:24:41

iWILL yes the st tropez one is gradual too, and I know its ahrd habit to get into but, its the rainy/cloudy days you need to be applying on, so on the sunny days you are 'leg ready' and also the sunny days can be the days you can skip = everyones a winner smile

I do like the sound of the piz buin one....gonna check that out when I run out of dove! Does it still run down the legs in the rain tho....?

meltedchocolate Thu 28-Jul-11 22:21:04

I have the St Tropez one and the Dove one and the only difference I can see is that the St T one maybe gets darker a day faster but the colour is identical IMO. You can get the Dove one as cheap as £3 if you hunt around so I keep the St Tropez one if I am going out on short notice and need it slightly quicker (never actually happens though)

lostlady Thu 28-Jul-11 22:26:38

Famous Dave's is by far the best, especially if you are fair skinned. They do a gradual one and a fair skin one, excellent.

iWILLdothis Fri 29-Jul-11 12:24:48

thank you, everyone. I will check these out. Didn't know there were other gradual ones on the market, I only knew about dove and johnsons.

EverythingInMiniature Fri 29-Jul-11 12:30:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now