Talk

Advanced search

spot problem - any advice?

(6 Posts)
wineandroses Tue 26-Jul-11 12:47:52

I've had a small (but obvious) 'white-head' spot in the delicate skin under my eye for ages, and try as I might I can't get rid of it. The skin is quite thin there so I can't squeeze it very hard. Have also tried to exfoliate it off, but didn't work. Help! It's really annoying me - any suggestions?

ComradeJing Tue 26-Jul-11 16:11:37

Are you sure it's a white head (ie full of pus) and not a cyst?

Not sure how you tell the difference mind but I've had a cyst for about 2 years in the middle of my bloody forehead and I'm blowed if I know how to shift it.

Sorry.... not ,uch help.

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Tue 26-Jul-11 22:37:43

I had one (apparently not a spot but poss a cyst that was there for 2 years) I left it (after much prodding) & one day it just all came out & vanished.....there is hope grin

sansucre Tue 26-Jul-11 22:52:15

it's probably a milia. they need to be removed by a beautician smile

wineandroses Tue 26-Jul-11 23:29:40

Thanks. I think I do need to see a beautician - though saw one a while ago who said she didn't do pore cleaning (eg blackheads) that was the job of a dermatologist...lazy or incompetent cow was my thought.

TigerseyeMum Wed 27-Jul-11 00:23:33

Milia, definitely. I get these. I usually leave them alone and then one day they can pop out. You have to do it gently though and when they are ready.

I tend to get them on my cheekbone underneath my eye, or on the upper lid near the brow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now