Talk

Advanced search

Come share with me your two week holiday wardrobe in France Please!

(7 Posts)
Stylelostinlabour Mon 25-Jul-11 21:24:25

Hi
I've left it too late and the shops are full of tat or autumn clothing - come share with me what you take on holiday and give me some ideas where I can get some nice beach dresses in cotton, shorts and sandals, I'm getting desparate now and need insipration!

frostyfingers Tue 26-Jul-11 08:42:43

Are you going right down south, do you know what the weather is going to be like - have a look at Yahoo weather forecast. We went to Limousin last year and I ended up wearing pretty much what I wear in England - trousers, cardigans and l/sleeve shirts as it was wet and cold. The year before we tried Poitou Charentes which is meant to be warm and sunny in July and that was nearly as bad.

If it's going to be hot then I should trawl through the internet - La Redoute, John Lewis perhaps. We have just come back from Spain where it was hot, hot, hot and apart from a swimming costume and sarong which I wore most of the time I took a couple of sun dresses and a shift dress. Nothing clingy or made of artificial fabric and def no maxi dress, too much material.

Have a great time.

Bartimaeus Tue 26-Jul-11 08:48:18

Where are you going? The northern half of France is only 22 - 25 degrees atm, sunny but quite a lot of cloud. It should pick up next week (fingers crossed) but I'd definately check the weather before coming out. The last few weeks have seen an amazing amount of rain and there's been lots of shots on the news of miserable tourists in shorts and t-shirts, wearing those plastic covers you buy in theme parks grin

Dunno if it's your style but I found M&S had some nice simple summer dresses back in June. Dunno if they'll still be out though.

pinkhousesarebest Tue 26-Jul-11 09:41:18

It is freezing with torrential rain here atm, and by all accounts has been for weeks (we have been in sunny Ireland for three weeks). I put the heating on last night, first time since March. It is going to improve though from Friday.

Stylelostinlabour Tue 26-Jul-11 12:47:59

Thanks for the weather update we go to the Bassin d'Arcachon area and last year we had good and bad weather, the year before was hot hot hot so hoping we get a few hot days this year and a bit less rain!

It's nice dresses in cotton/linen that you could chuck over a swimsuit or add a cardy if cold that I'm struggling to find.

Waterproofs and wellies also will be packed again this year!

pinkhousesarebest Tue 26-Jul-11 12:56:32

Ooh I love Arcachon. It is very stylish, but in a restrained way, so lots of stripy breton t shirts, navy sweaters and sneakers. And linen when it heats up a bit. Why don't you wait until you get there to buy some bits and pieces. The shops are gorgeous there, and still full of summer stuff.

Stylelostinlabour Tue 26-Jul-11 15:59:58

Oh good idea I remember from last year seeing the most beautiful stripe tops and some fab shorts in Cap Ferret

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now