Talk

Advanced search

Wash bag for travelling

(15 Posts)
SharonGless Mon 25-Jul-11 20:43:57

What sort of wash bag/make up bags do you have? Mine appears to have rust on it from the hanger which I use in the shower. Was away with friends and most embarrassed by mine. Any suggestions?

brookeslay Mon 25-Jul-11 20:51:00

selection

smart

brookeslay Mon 25-Jul-11 21:00:30

liberty but modern and cheap !

SharonGless Mon 25-Jul-11 21:17:31

Thanks brookeslay
I really like the liberty print one but think I would like something a bit smarter. Given me some ideas though....

Hevian Tue 26-Jul-11 03:29:53

I'm not a big Cath Kidston fan however this is my favourite ever washbag - and I've had a few. www.cathkidston.co.uk/p-16516-cath-kidston-cut-roses-washbag.aspx

It's a great size (big enough for shampoo bottles and all my other junk), it has different sections inside which makes it easier to find things. It's all plastic so completely washable - necessary for when stuff leaks. It also has a zip on the outside and a handle to carry it. I love it.

Hevian Tue 26-Jul-11 03:31:31

PS, it also stores completely flatly so it's not one of those fixed boxy ones.

SharonGless Tue 26-Jul-11 07:51:46

I like the idea of sections inside but not sure about the Cath Kidston print if its quite smart enough

Hevian Tue 26-Jul-11 14:39:00

"Quite smart enough" bit confused now...it's a washbag, we're not talking frocks for royal weddings are we.

Skimummy Tue 26-Jul-11 14:54:44

I need a new wash bag too (is it an Australian thing to call them a 'toiletry' bag). I quite like the Cath Kidston one but was contemplating splashing out for an Anya Hindmarch one. They are probably smart enough!

BranchingOut Tue 26-Jul-11 15:20:36

Packing/travelling became so much simpler for me when I began using clear wash bags.

You can see what you have inside so it is easier to pack, then when you are there you can find everything!

John Lewis have some, or sometimes clothing/bed linen items etc come in useful plastic pouches with popper seals or zips.

ErnesttheBavarian Tue 26-Jul-11 15:27:25

i call it toiletry bag.

I just use a draw string sports bag type thing now, as with 4 kids, we need a mad amount of toiletries. a standard toiletry bag just doesn't come close.

Hevian Tue 26-Jul-11 15:37:54

We (where I'm from) call them toilet bags. I'm from a UK country.

brookeslay Tue 26-Jul-11 16:31:43

The Penhalgion ones are £78.00 so rather smart. I think a Petunia Pickle Bottom might suit you

ppb

HeavyHeidi Tue 26-Jul-11 16:52:39

I have something like this: www.poshaccessories.co.uk/travel-accessories-hanging-wash-bags-c-7_10.html very practical, can keep all your stuff in separate pockets, hang it up for easy overview and fold again for travelling.

SharonGless Tue 26-Jul-11 20:41:23

brookeslay you are a genius! That was exactly the sort of thing i was after.
Hevian -I didn't mean the Cath Kidston wasn't smart - bad choice of word but was dashing around getting ready for school. The print wasn't quite what I was after although looking properly they have got other designs.
Heavy Heidi - those are fab too. I like the hanging one as had those before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now