Sandals - what do you think of these?

(23 Posts)
PercyPigPie Mon 25-Jul-11 20:04:19

in black?

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Mon 25-Jul-11 20:08:20

well to be honest they are something I would wear to walk the dog in.....sorry

Collision Mon 25-Jul-11 20:09:36

Are you 85?

If so they are lovely. If not then you should keep looking. sorry to be negative but they are vile.

MissBeehiving Mon 25-Jul-11 20:09:50

Comfy but not stylish smile

PieMistress Mon 25-Jul-11 20:10:54

Sorry, would have to agree with the posts above!

Northumberlandlass Mon 25-Jul-11 20:17:00

www.merrell.com/UK/en-GB/Product.mvc.aspx/20673W/0/Womens/Lotta?dimensions=0

I am on a sandal hunt too, youth hosteling in Cornwall, so will be walking a lot ! I saw these & think they are lovely.

I am not sure if you are looking for something more sturdy though.

This my first attempt at a link on my iPhone, so apologies if it hasn't worked !

HappyDoll Mon 25-Jul-11 20:19:32

No no no no no.

FrancesFarmer Mon 25-Jul-11 20:28:52

Hmm, they aren't stylish but are probably really comfortable and great for walking. The purple looks better than the tan.

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Mon 25-Jul-11 20:31:17

ooohhh northumberland the merrells are lovely,stylish but as always with merrell quality

PercyPigPie Mon 25-Jul-11 20:31:51

Thanks all blush. It was the price that was attracting me as much as anything. I like the Merrell ones Northumberland (have already got a pair and they are fab).

nozmum Mon 25-Jul-11 20:37:04

Depends what you want them for... mooching about/ park with kids/saturdays at home/tescos then they look comfy, sturdy and a reasonable compromise stylewise. I actually think they look OK for what my mother would have called a "doing shoe"! If you want them for a hot night out/evening with mates/summer BBQ party then its a no... i.e. they are not a "Do-me shoe"! - and they won't make you feel glam...

HellonHeels Mon 25-Jul-11 20:38:11

What are they for? I'm not keen on them (sorry) but if you're wanting them for an active sort of holiday then I can see where you're going with the idea.

For practical type sandals eg active holidaying but not requiring hiking boots, I would go for a technical/travel sandal type of thing. They are not glam at all but don't have that 'practical but trying (and failing) to be attractive' look that plagues these kinds of sandals.

I got Keen sandals from an outdoor shop.

HellonHeels Mon 25-Jul-11 20:40:28

X posts! Like those Merrel ones.

Ha ha @ 'do me shoes'!

pointydog Mon 25-Jul-11 20:45:03

Oh dear no

fluffles Mon 25-Jul-11 20:48:44

hate the op sandals - sorry, and i'm somebody who wears both birkies AND tevas shock

the op sandals look like they're trying to look 'nice'.. if you need comfy sandals just go the whole hog and buy obviously travel/hiking sandals... it's more honest somehow.

Northumberlandlass Mon 25-Jul-11 20:49:28

I covert those merrell ones ! I get paid on Thurs so think I will get them. Just in case anyone is interested Blacks have the cream/ brown Lotta sandals for £49.99 x

Northumberlandlass Mon 25-Jul-11 20:53:47

'covet' blush

PercyPigPie Mon 25-Jul-11 22:55:01

Yes, I need them as a 'doing shoe' rather than a 'do-me shoe'!

Walking into town, picking kids up from school, scurrying around to after school clubs etc etc ...

bellavita Mon 25-Jul-11 23:06:06

Noooooooooo!

LynetteScavo Mon 25-Jul-11 23:10:45

The sandals in the OP tend to be owned by people who never use a pumice or ped egg, and would look in a bemused manner at a pot of nail varnish.

bellavita Mon 25-Jul-11 23:15:28

Absolutely Lynette grin

polyhymnia Tue 26-Jul-11 10:15:22

For the purposes you mention, Mud, think you could get a lot of nicer, prettier ones which are still comfortable. I've never found Clark's non-clumpy ones that suit me yet, but other people have posted some good-looking styles on here. The Merrells are also cute - my only reservation on them would be that, if walking on uneven ground a lot, I'd personally want a thicker sole.

But agree with Hellonheels and fluffles that, when sandals are needed for really serious walking/ scrabbling - up and down hills, or along cliff paths, or round ancient ruins, or whatever for hours at a time - it's probably best to go for ones which look the part and don't even pretend to be 'girly'. And which have really good support, and tough soles. Lots of people do these - including Fitflop, who have a non-glam but comfortable-looking style called Hyka.

PercyPigPie Tue 26-Jul-11 18:29:02

Thanks - will look at the Fit Flops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now