Talk

Advanced search

Shellac nails.....

(5 Posts)
DrNortherner Mon 25-Jul-11 18:52:22

Had them done today for my holidays <admires hands>

Love, love, love them. Am away for 10 days and really hoping it will last. Any advice? Can I really wash up and stuff as normal and it will just, well, last?

Seems a bit good to be true!

buggerlugs82 Mon 25-Jul-11 19:40:25

Hello - YES they are amazing. I'd wear gloves if i was you, it will last but will last longer if you take care of it. Also, put solar oil on them each night.

I love Shellac.

<looks at own grubby nails in total state at the moment>

PlumSykes Mon 25-Jul-11 19:44:47

Have mine done every two weeks, still look newly done when I go for next appointment (apart from the regrowth, obviously). I'm hard on my nails, and wash up, do the garden etc etc, without gloves. If I've had an especially garden-y week, the colour at the very ends does tend to 'rub' off, but only slightly, they still look fab.

twoboots Mon 25-Jul-11 19:47:09

not exactly the same but i am on my third round of gelish, also cured bu uv light
I wash my hands at least 30 times a day (occupational not OCD)
The gellish remains in salon conditon for at least 2 weeks and then you see the regrowth, i get a very shimmery pink on my fingers, so it looks vaguely natural. I think it looks acceptable for another 2 weeks after that.
I use cuticle oil after hand cream 3 or 4 times a day.

titan Mon 25-Jul-11 23:59:30

They won't chip at all, you just start to notice regrowth in a couple of weeks. I remove the polish myself with acetone rather than paying a tenner for the salon to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now