Talk

Advanced search

Like this for a wedding?

(8 Posts)
ifancyashandy Mon 25-Jul-11 18:25:23

What do you all think of this dress for an evening wedding reception? All guests only invited to evening - that's the only reception.

I'm 5'9, Long / good legs, short dark hair, size 10/12.

Thinking of green shoes (probably a high suede or patent court) and gold clutch. What jewellry though? Would nude shoes be better or are they a tad 'waggish' and overdone?

www.the-dressingroom.com/item/Paul-and-Joe-Sister/Lola-Silk-Flower-Print-Dress-Cream/24S0

Tw1nkle Mon 25-Jul-11 18:36:30

Beautiful dress - I'd love to be able to look good in something like that!!!

I think I'd go for very minimalistic accessories though, and cream. Maybe cream strappy shoes, small cream clucth and nice bracelet, no necklace - the outfit needs to be all about the dress IMO!

I presume it's for a summer wedding?

PlumSykes Mon 25-Jul-11 18:43:04

Green suede shoes, gold clutch are exactly how I would style it. Don't think it needs much jewellery, though maybe a chunky orangey/coral bangle would be good.

ifancyashandy Mon 25-Jul-11 18:45:56

I too was thinking along the 'no necklace' line but maybe gold earrings - either simple hoops or chandeliers?

Can't do cream strappy shoes or bag though - just not my style IYKWIM? Unless shoes were heeled Gladiator types. Then maybe... But if I went for nudes or golds, they would be v simple in shape / style as agree, the dress is quite enough!

I am in love with the dress. Just gotta find where it's not out of stock now! Fool for falling for it before finding it for sale!!

ifancyashandy Mon 25-Jul-11 18:47:01

Ooh, a chunky(ish) bangle! Hadn't thought of that! Good call!

Dozer Mon 25-Jul-11 19:31:37

I like it a lot, envious of people with legs for it!

FaffTastic Mon 25-Jul-11 20:57:06

Looove it! Green suede shoes NOT patent and a gold cuff or chunky bracelet would look great.

ifancyashandy Mon 25-Jul-11 21:11:47

Thanks all! If anyone happens to see it in RL or on t'internet, will you let me know?!

And yes, think suede shoes / gold cuff is way forward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now