Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Holding cream?

(5 Posts)
GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Mon 25-Jul-11 15:01:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Mon 25-Jul-11 17:18:01

Have you tried leave-in conditioners? My hair admittedly sounds v different from yours (thick and, although straight, with so much body that it isn't poker-straight or limp), but I find them useful as a lighter alternative to styling products. They definitely don't make hair crunchy either, unless you put them in while your hair's wet.

FaffTastic Mon 25-Jul-11 20:46:18

When I curl my hair with heated rollers I use a smidge of serum on wet hair. When hair is dry I spray with V05 Thermo curl spray and comb through. Once rollers are in I spray them with a bit of silvikrin hairspray (for shiney hair, gold bottle, strength no 2. Do not get one of their strength no 4 hairsprays as I find they do make hair a bit crunchy). After 15 min I take rollers out, comb through with fingers and spray with hairspray again.

I might maybe need one quick spray of hairspray through the day but find the curls out great. Without the v05 spray my hair can go a bit fluffy. It's only £3 or so in Boots and I find it works great (I'm normally an expensive hair and beauty product whore)

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Tue 26-Jul-11 13:39:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FaffTastic Tue 26-Jul-11 22:32:05

I used to use Frizzease by John Frieda which was OKish. Now use Keratese Elixier which is a lot more expensive but lasts for ages. Still only on first bottle which I bought at start of year. Need only a small drop and I find it a lot lighter and greasy than Frizzease. It can also be used on dry hair and as a preshampoo treatment to get rid of product build up though I dont bother using it for this. I just use it on damp hair.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: