Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

multi vitamin/skin supplement recommendations...

(7 Posts)
mugglelady Mon 25-Jul-11 14:23:55

I'm thinking supplements that should improve skin/ hair condition. Please can you let me know which ones you use and more importantly if they work!!

Thanks

twoboots Mon 25-Jul-11 18:04:59

whenever i take cod liver oil caps regularly, i get complimented that i look well (in a very norn irish way). it also makes me BM like a rock star!

TattyDevine Mon 25-Jul-11 18:15:57

I was going to say EFA's (essential fatty acids) so cod liver oil but if you want a good all rounder, Hemp seed oil is excellent as it has the correct balance of Omega 3 6 and 9.

Antioxidants are good for skin. Ideally you'd get this in the form of fruit and veg, but if you are lacking, a good broad spectrum antioxidant will help anti-ageing.

Vitamin C is an antioxidant and will help boost immune health. Ideally, once again, you'd get it from diet but if you are lacking, it won't hurt to supplement.

Nutrients, like creams, lotions, potions, or (most) treatments, wont perform miracles though, but you probably know that.

MaeMobley Mon 25-Jul-11 18:18:11

TD, have you tried anything like Imedeen?

twoboots Mon 25-Jul-11 18:22:53

i also your-lookin-kwer-and-well compliments after a few weeks of the oil cleanse method using almond oil

HoneyDuke Mon 25-Jul-11 18:29:49

I just take bog standard multi vitamins and they seem to make a difference.

mugglelady Mon 25-Jul-11 21:11:42

Thanks for the suggestions ladies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now