Talk

Advanced search

wedding on saturday- have nothing to wear and miniscule budget.

(5 Posts)
messybedhead Sun 24-Jul-11 15:16:55

I am going to a wedding on Saturday but have nothing to wear as have put on a bit of weight recently.

I am 5"3 and a size 12 but an apple shape (huge stomach). I quite like my legs from the knee downwards, but am not comfortable wearing heels.
I am quite large chested at a 34F so would need something that would allow me to wear a good bra.

Oh and bridesmaids are wearing red (sob) which is the colour that suits my colouring the most so I have to rule that out.

My budget is almost non-existent, but I do have a Next, Littlewoods, Very and Freemans account so would prefer something from there. I could probably stretch to £50 at the most if the dress was from elsewhere.

I know you like a challenge and am hoping that somebody could help me.

Oh and I'm 25 if that makes a difference, dark hair and eyes and olive (ish) skin.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TheGoddessBlossom Sun 24-Jul-11 15:27:52

oasis have some lovely dresses for the £50 mark at the moment - sorry I know that doesn't match the account you have but I happened to notice as i was online there earlier...

messybedhead Sun 24-Jul-11 15:29:12

ooooh thank you I will have a look.

whoneedssleepanyway Sun 24-Jul-11 15:29:41

Why can't you wear the same colour as the bridesmaids.

I did unintentionally to my BIL's wedding and nobody batted an eyelid.

messybedhead Sun 24-Jul-11 15:33:53

Because I'm my friends plus one and she is a bridesmaid, and don't want to appear like the Single White Female woman! grin

I know I am paranoid but I would rather stay away from red if that makes sense?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now