Talk

Advanced search

Mini Boden Funky Duffle - anyone bought one?

(20 Posts)
applecrumbleandcream Sun 24-Jul-11 00:34:31

I just wondered if anyone had bought this for their dd.
If so, could they tell me how practical it is/hardwearing, what's the sizing like and how warm is it?

I love it and after seeing on another thread a code for 25% I am very tempted to buy for my dd this Winter.

cakeoholic Sun 24-Jul-11 01:30:54

Don't have the duffle but my charges had vaguely similar but military style jackets. They were lined and felt padded and warm, generally true to size, maybe verging on the bigger side if anything but that could be to allow for lots of layers/chunky winter woolies underneath. They were definitely practical and pretty hard wearing, one got passed to the younger sister and was still in good enough condition to pass on again to my friend's daughter.

What's the 25% coat, I'm thinking of ordering these boots since they go up to a 39 but since my boss buys about 70% of the boden catalogue chances are i'd have the same boots as my charges!

cakeoholic Sun 24-Jul-11 01:32:31

*code

follygirl Sun 24-Jul-11 20:31:42

I have bought the duffle coat before and love it. I would say that the sizes are huge though so look at the garment measurements to make sure you get the right size.

Also interested in this 25% off code though!

KoolAidKid Sun 24-Jul-11 20:36:10

I would say not that practical as it's dry clean only, but I guess this would depend on how old / clean your DD is and how you feel about dry cleaning.

Cherrypie32 Sun 24-Jul-11 20:51:55

I'd be amazed if you found 25% discount at the moment, it was only 20% in preview and that's finished now, but happy for you to prove me wrong to make boys puffa coats vaguely worth thinking about!

JemimaMuddledUp Sun 24-Jul-11 20:54:19

Someone posted on another thread that 8964 gave 25% off but it doesn't work for me.

PassTheTwiglets Sun 24-Jul-11 20:56:15

They go bobbly, apparently, thought I've not had one myself. I think they look gorgeous but shower/waterproof and machine washable are a must, for me.

applecrumbleandcream Sun 24-Jul-11 20:59:14

Thanks everyone for that information about the duffle coat. Sounds good. Keep looking lovingly at it for dd (and wishing it would fit me). It's looks so nice and warm.

Jemima yes that's the code I read too on another thread - that 8964 got you 25% off one item. Don't tell me it doesn't work. I don't think I could afford to buy it otherwise!

applecrumbleandcream Sun 24-Jul-11 21:20:06

Even with the 10% off that's only £6.00 off a £60 coat (big deal!). Don't normally buy from Boden but would probably have bought it at 20% off preview price. Oh well, anyone seen any nice (cheaper) girls duffle coats around?

katkitya Sun 24-Jul-11 21:23:24

Don't buy one yet, that's my advice. I bought them last year when they got reduced and I had some vouchers plus a good code. Where is that spend £30 get a tenner off code?!!! They were reduced before the winter well and truelly set in. They are roomy and they bobble. The do look nice though. I don't know if they are doing the shorter version this year as I can't face loling at winter clothes yet!!! but, the shorter one went down very well with the older girls. Please don't buy it until you have a great reduction. In the meantime introduce your friends and get some credit behind you.

applecrumbleandcream Sun 24-Jul-11 22:01:45

Thanks kat for the advice. I think I will wait till nearer winter and see if it is reduced or get a better code. I suppose I just saw it and immediately fell in love with it (esp as I thought I was going to get a good deal). I am a bit put off that it bobbles but I think most wool coats do tend to, to some degree.

CountBapula Mon 25-Jul-11 09:12:50

Next have this one for 20-odd quid. There's a pink one too but it's more like a fleece.

Was thinking of getting this tan one for DS.

netbook Mon 25-Jul-11 09:47:40

I thought the same as you but it didn't look like a normal boden code.

The code is for H&M not boden

FrozenNorthPole Mon 25-Jul-11 10:48:38

I've ordered one in the preview and got the dispatch e-mail today, so I'll report back when it arrives. Pricey, so it will have to look truly spectacular to be kept.

applecrumbleandcream Tue 26-Jul-11 00:47:16

Thanks netbook thought it was too good to be true.

Frozen yes, please report back. Hope it's as nice as it looks (should be at that price). Which colour did you order?

applecrumbleandcream Tue 26-Jul-11 00:50:17

Thanks CountBap I like the tan duffle you are thinking of getting your DS. There's some nice things for kids in the new Autumn Next.

FrozenNorthPole Tue 26-Jul-11 10:59:38

I ordered the camel colour as we had a similar one from Monsoon last winter and it looked super. However I'm now wondering whether swapping it for the bright pink one is the way to so ... I really hope it doesn't bobble!

applecrumbleandcream Tue 26-Jul-11 13:12:29

I also love the fuchsia one. Seems to be the most popular choice as stock is either low or on a 2 week wait. The camel would be my close second choice as I suppose it would go with more things.

maxbradbury Tue 26-Jul-11 22:18:48

I brought the green duffle last year for my dd and it is has not bobbled. They changed the design so the new duffles are 'ribbed'.
Also i found even though they are dry clean they are quite resistant to stains. Brought mine last october and only had it clean twice at a cost of £5.
I would definitely recommend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now