Talk

Advanced search

jeans help please!!

(7 Posts)
partyhats Sat 23-Jul-11 21:57:12

I am looking for jeans that are somewhere between straight leg and bootleg. I have tried Topshop marthas (not the latest ones though) which are more skinny than straight and I don't really like the ones called "boot cut" in the shops. I just want some very slightly bootcut straight leg jeans if that makes sense to anyone? BTW I am 5ft 7 and size 10/12

cheapskatemum Sat 23-Jul-11 22:36:43

There is a slight, or narrow bootcut style this season. M&S had some, so I'm sure you'd find them elsewhere too. If I can't afford Levis, I usually go to TKMaxx & try on practically everything in my size till I find a pair that look great as I have small waist & quite large hips. Good luck!

LuckyMrsT Sun 24-Jul-11 09:49:06

Why don't you try some straight leg ones instead? That's really the middle ground between skinny and bootcut and I suspect will give you the look you want.

LuckyMrsT Sun 24-Jul-11 09:51:04

Oh drat please ignore me (note to self - read the bloody post before you start 'helping').blush

MooMinCow Sun 24-Jul-11 10:13:25

levis 627 are good. high waisted, straight cut, not skinny round lower legs, but not as flappy or flared as boot cuts. they have an outlet at Bicester where you can pick them up for around £50.

Uniqlo perfect fit straight leg jeans also similar but more low rise.

partyhats Sun 24-Jul-11 11:19:02

thanks for the suggestions. MooMin yes that sounds exactly like what I am after, I don't want ones that are flappy (or triangular as I call them) below the knee. Levis sound good, will look out for those and Uniqlo will prob be cheaper. I just find that in a lot of shops these days straight just means slightly less skinny than skinny wheras I need something a bit looser to go with shorter tops than I would wear with skinnies.

Mumelie Sun 24-Jul-11 15:39:23

The Jennifer jeans from Monsoon are a slim bootcut (not flappy) and are £45.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now