Talk

Advanced search

Should I try to sell my LK Bennett Annina bag??

(14 Posts)
Millie1 Sat 23-Jul-11 20:59:38

I ousted after it for months and then splurged on a whim back in May. Got it in the pale pink/Rose colour. It's a gorgeous bag but is sitting on my bedroom floor in its original packaging having been used once for a grand total of 2 hours sad. I tend to grab my everyday tan bag whenever I'm going out - maybe the Annina is just too dressy for my life!!

Question is, will it sell on eBay? Or should I hold onto it in the hope that I will use it?

Millie1 Sat 23-Jul-11 21:00:19

FGS, autocorrect!! lusted not ousted!

ameliagrey Sat 23-Jul-11 21:04:59

pics?

If you are going to sell it do it now as it's a summer style.
I tried to sell a lovely Osprey bag on Ebay last week and got no bids- I have used it twice- but it's dark brown and more a winter bag.

Millie1 Sat 23-Jul-11 21:08:15

It's this although it is much nicer IRL. If it would help it's saleability, I think Pippa M has been seen with it. Guess there's no harm in putting it on eBay?

ameliagrey Sat 23-Jul-11 21:11:40

You could put it on with a reserve. I paid over £150 for mine and put a reserve of £50 on it.

faustina Sat 23-Jul-11 23:01:25

you can do a search on ebay to see if any of the same bag have sold, and how much for - or perhaps you should hang on to it and just try to use it more? It's a really nice shade of pink. Maybe the sun will come out next week and we'll have a heatwave!

PonceyMcPonce Sat 23-Jul-11 23:04:50

Oh that is nice

TheFarSide Sat 23-Jul-11 23:08:46

Why not keep it? It's time will come. No harm in having a few good quality bags around.

catsareevil Sat 23-Jul-11 23:13:51

Im sure that I have seen pictures of Pippa with that bag, if you google you should be able to find some. I expect that it will sell well on ebay. If you have the original receipt or tags then include pitcures of that too, so that people will be more confident in bidding.

apple99 Sun 24-Jul-11 07:24:17

It's a lovely bag. I would keep it. I find once you start using it you will use it more and more. Like another poster said there is no harm in having a few good bags, you can't use them all at once. It's such a lovely colour and shape you will miss it when it's gone!

strictlysauvignon Sun 24-Jul-11 08:38:31

Don't try and sell it on ebay now - everyone is away and you won't get many bidders - I found that last August time. If you must sell wait until September - but I would keep it as it is a lovely quality bag and you will use it sometimes and maybe come to love it more.! - a girl can't have too many handbags!smile

DoubleDegreeStudent Sun 24-Jul-11 13:29:36

I'd buy it! I spent ages in LK Bennett the other week twirling round with one. I had a look - there are hardly any on ebay that I could find, so you might get lucky because there aren't too many around.

Millie1 Sun 24-Jul-11 22:59:39

Forgot about his thread! I looked on eBay last night and they just aren't selling. Think I will get it out, dust it down and use it .... maybe some leather protector first?

Thanks all.

catsareevil Mon 25-Jul-11 06:32:01

Looking at the completed items it looks like some have sold and some havent. Some of the people selling the bags seem to be hoping that no-one will know the original retail price of the bag! If you put it on for a starting price that you would be happy with then at worst you have only lost the listing fee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now