Talk

Advanced search

DH offered to take me to the Mulberry store <shock faint emoticon> - advice?

(13 Posts)
stillfrazzled Fri 22-Jul-11 21:34:16

Is our tenth anniversary next month. He knows I love Mulberry bags, esp the Alexa (have inferior version which I love).

Had offered to take us to Oxford for lunch and trip to Bicester. Turns out we can't do that now (childcare probs) but might manage to get to London, which he's OK with.

I CANNOT LET HIM SPEND £900 ON A BAG. We do techically have it, but that could be an entire family holiday!

However, I would utterly love a Phoebe. Does anyone know if outlet stores still have them sometimes, or where I might get a def genuine used one? And how much might I expect the price to be?

chipstick10 Fri 22-Jul-11 22:06:28

I got both my Bays at the biscester outlet store and my Mitzy. You can always ring ahead of time and ask what the stock is like. I am totally in love with the taylor and am saving like mad to treat myself for xmas.

HalfTermHero Sat 23-Jul-11 12:23:44

I don't think you will see a Phoebe at an outlet now, sorry. Lots of great bags at outlet though. You could get something really nice for under £400. Go for it, a bag lasts a long time and you can always ebay it if you get fed up.

ChuckYouFarlie Sat 23-Jul-11 13:22:29

Agree, lots of things for £400... which is a scary amount, but not half as scary as £900. <<maths whiz>>

stillfrazzled Mon 25-Jul-11 10:57:44

Have had a look on eBay and there are a couple of Phoebes for varying prices and colours, so that's one option.

But would like a look in an outlet before I commit.

If I love the Alexa and the Phoebe, which other styles would you recommend?

apple99 Mon 25-Jul-11 11:46:26

I am still loving my Mitzy Hobo and have had 18 months now, had a lot of use and still looks like new.

slowshow Mon 25-Jul-11 14:13:59

Phoebe is an old style, so I would be wary about eBay. You never know how many hands the bag would've passed through, not to mention the proliferation of Mulberry fakes on there.

If it's old school Mulberry styles you like, what about a Bayswater?

stillfrazzled Mon 25-Jul-11 14:21:26

Bayswater seems a bit too stiff and formal for me, I do like the slouchier ones (with exception of Phoebe).

jojosmaman Mon 25-Jul-11 14:26:26

Bayswater, classic mulberry and an investment piece so the money can be justified. Any "fashion" styles should be avoided as you will probably go off it and feel terribly guilty {I got the Chloe paddington as a pressie which I loved at the time but never use it now as it spawned so many copies/ fakes}.

When I put my bayswater on my arm I feel like Elle McPherson on the school run.. For a brief split second. smile

snailsontour Mon 25-Jul-11 19:46:56

I got my Phoebe from the Cheshire Oaks Outlet, but that was 3ish years ago now.

Maybe a phone call to see if there are any about?

PlumSykes Mon 25-Jul-11 19:50:09

I have seen Alexas at Bicester, it's worth giving them a call.

PlumSykes Mon 25-Jul-11 19:52:09

If you love the Alexa and the Phoebe, what about the Roxanne? Same hardware as teh Pheobe, sim. shape to the Alexa.

MrsMc82 Mon 25-Jul-11 23:14:20

Have a wee look on The Purse Forun, has a whole message board for just mulberry and the whizzes on there will prob be able to tell you what's in store at bicester of the top of their heads!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now