Talk

Advanced search

How do you decide whether or not to pay full price?

(6 Posts)
PetiteMum Fri 22-Jul-11 19:55:10

I've decided I want to buy this bag from Clarks, so nice in real life! But given the frequency of sales these days am loathe to buy it now in case it decreases in price soon. Which will really annoy me no end.....

www.clarks.co.uk/find/producttype-is-accessory/product-is-20348076

Sleepwhenidie Fri 22-Jul-11 20:23:33

Do you love it so much that you know you will regret not buying it if you wait for sales and in the meantime it sells out?

Will you use it immediately and so often that it will "earn back" the difference in price during the time between now and next sale?

If the answer to either is yes then I would buy now, otherwise wait grin!

LuckyMrsT Fri 22-Jul-11 20:25:02

It's actually not a bad price for a large leather bag. Given the colour and style I would imagine it will be fairly popular so not something that will end up in the bargain bin. The summer sales have also pretty much all started and ended so it's unlikely (but not impossible) that it will be discounted soon.

And you wouldn't want to miss swishing it around all autumn by waiting to see if it's in the winter sales would you?

thisisyesterday Fri 22-Jul-11 20:29:47

there is a voucher code on hotukdeals BAGSSPRING which doesn't say it's expired and should give 20% off

worth seeing if it's still valid

LemonDifficult Fri 22-Jul-11 20:32:02

Oh, I wrestle with this, and a good few things I bought recently came down in the sales or were further reduced. Best just to decide how much it's worth to you then not check the price after you've bought it.

PetiteMum Fri 22-Jul-11 21:17:57

Thanks so much for the code, but it doesn't work.....hmmmm might wait a few weeks but not till Xmas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now