Talk

Advanced search

How would you describe your "look"...?

(19 Posts)
fannybanjo Fri 22-Jul-11 19:28:45

I'm so fed up of wearing the same "uniform" but if it ain't broke, don't fix it -right? I am a skinny jeans, nice shoes, slim fitting top kinda girl but I would love to mix it up. I have been the same since a teenager! Long hair, simple make up - not really got into trends but tried to look stylish ifkwim.

Have you worn the same "uniform" for years?

meltedchocolate Fri 22-Jul-11 19:36:24

nope but I only recently have discovered being feminine. I would say that is my main look now too. Except my shoes are mainly ankle boots (skinny calves that look like tiny pencils in most knee boots <sob>) and I nearly always am in a fitted double button breasted coat because of the freezing weather where I live.

IWouldNotCouldNotWithAGoat Fri 22-Jul-11 21:28:52

"Scruffy gym gear"

grin

Rubiesandrainbows Fri 22-Jul-11 21:39:16

I did the floral dress and chunky boots thing to death last year and now cant even look at a floral dress (unless its a short chiffon kind of thing)

Lately I'm uniformly in self-made denim shorts turned up so they are really short (I have 5 pairs) worn over leggings, with a slubby t shirt or silk camisole top, and a long line fitted blazer with vintage button.

For winter, I'm liking the buttoned fitted double breasted long jacket look, with a short chiffon dress that you can just see under the coat, tights, shoeboots. There was an picture in W magazine and I fell in love with it....

mycatsaysach Fri 22-Jul-11 21:40:17

vest tops cardies skirts flip flops

fannybanjo Fri 22-Jul-11 21:50:10

Mine is also "running gear" - I'm sure all the mums from school think I have black Lycra permanently stitched to my body. blush

cluelessnchaos Fri 22-Jul-11 21:53:39

Quirky vintage, I always aspired to the art student bohemian style when I was younger but didn't have the nerve. Now I wear big glasses shaggy hair and trendy mixed with vintage.

tulpe Fri 22-Jul-11 22:46:27

I am not certain I have a signature look as I dress very much according to mood. I veer between classic (hepburn-esque trousers Kathrine or Audrey, season dependant, twinset or blouse but with a twist), the ubiquitous Top Shop skinnies and tee (accessorised with chunky knits and scarves aplenty) and original 50s dresses and shrunken cardis. I also love the tux jacket over LBD with shoe boots and opaques for winter evenings out.

RedAmberGreen Fri 22-Jul-11 22:53:20

Bag lady chic blush

BulletWithAName Fri 22-Jul-11 23:42:07

Feminine and sexy with a rocky edge.

ShowOfHands Fri 22-Jul-11 23:42:57

Clothed at least.

madhattershouse Fri 22-Jul-11 23:45:09

Anything pretty much goes with my "look".

So long as it's black! grin
Worn almost exclusive black uniform since I was 14..umm 24 years and still going grin

Deuce Fri 22-Jul-11 23:47:14

I am in need of help. I am <coughs> 43 and seem to be getting lighter, but not in mass, in colour.

My arse is growing hmm but my hair / brows are lightening.

Soon I will be invisible.

I need colour.

ComradeJing Sat 23-Jul-11 06:26:28

My uniform pre DC was always skinny jeans tucked into knee length boots, a well fitted shirt, v-neck jumper and scarf. Jeans changed for skirt and tights sometimes.

<<pins on "I was institutionalised by boarding school" badge.>>

Summer has always buggered me. I can never find the right shoes and dresses are either too casual or too smart.

ameliagrey Sat 23-Jul-11 09:56:06

Preppy- whatever that is!

Skinny jeans or cords with nice knitwear- cropped cardis, long cardis, Ts and tank tops, or smartish trousers as above. Occasional just above knee skirt and riding boots or ballet flats. Occasionally leggings and long tunic/dress- but never White Stuff! But I am mid 50s.

Gay40 Sat 23-Jul-11 10:08:49

Fat Skater/Surfer Boy, depending on the weather. Not helped by having an ipod or a Nintendo DSi on my person.
I have very girly hair though and I'm not butch, which throws people. And at work I dress in corporatewear so they don't recognise me when they see me outside of work.

AnyFucker Sat 23-Jul-11 10:19:03

in summer ?

yes, I have a "signature" look

turned up boyfriend jeans/khakis or knee-length shorts, cardi's, loose t-shirt, slubby linen blazer, brogues, birkies or flipflops and nearly always a scarf flung round me

winter ? dunno yet, will see what comes around this year, am bored of the skinny jeans/boots look

Chandon Sat 23-Jul-11 10:32:37

Mine is "feminine" I've been told.

As I'm 6 ft and athletic, I try to compensate

My favourite style is a pretty dress with tough-ass boots, for balance grin.

Also very comfy and easy to get ready. I wear dresses a lot, winter or summer.

BulletWithAName Sat 23-Jul-11 10:35:51

My favourite style is a pretty dress with tough-ass boots, for balance

This is a fave of mine too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now