Talk

Advanced search

Good pashmina?

(17 Posts)
gregssausageroll Fri 22-Jul-11 18:12:34

I really like the red tone in this

www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.osoblog.tv/kate_middleton_trench.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.osoblog.tv/2011/07/kate_middleton_wears_a_trench.html&h=417&w=500&sz=73&tbnid=2ZsqEnu1qyIiHM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=120&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dkate%2Bmiddleton%2Bred%2Bpashmina%2Bphoto%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=kate+middleton+red+pashmina+photo&docid=LJk_6OjpJxbdjM&sa=X&ei=2a4pTtKwNI2EhQfA2djXCw&ved=0CDQQ9QEwBQ

Apologies for the monster link!

I also like the length and I take it this is a pashmina she's done it with. Where can I get a good pashmina? I've bought scarfs etc from ebay before and they say pashmina but in reality they are really poor quality.

meltedchocolate Fri 22-Jul-11 19:16:52

Never used it but this???

Lazydaisy55 Mon 25-Jul-11 15:58:44

M&S sell lovely ones, they are cashmere and silk (plus something else). I have two and they are great.

daimbardiva Mon 25-Jul-11 16:26:31

I echo the M&S advice - I've got two that I've had for years from there, and that I use a lot. They are very hard-wearing and wash well

Chandon Mon 25-Jul-11 18:45:38

I have a really fab one from mypashmina.co.uk

very good quality but not too expensive.

If you get a 100% cashmere one, you'll treasure it for life (mine is 7 years old now and still lovely and fluffy and warm)

MissJanuary Mon 25-Jul-11 20:06:46

Nordstrom (international shipping available) sell the best pashminas ever. Their $98 tissue weight comes in loads of colours and last forever. Well worth the investment.

SantaLucia Mon 25-Jul-11 20:16:38

My pashmina was purchased in 1999 from Fenwick dept store in London and is still going strong. It cost £100 even back in 1999. I wouldn't swap it for the world and the colours you can choose from are lovely. I think they do mail order if you aren't near London.

akaemmafrost Mon 25-Jul-11 20:33:39

<<poncey emoticon>> Abu Dhabi. Bought two when I was out there recently and they are just beautiful. So beautiful in fact that I hardly dare remove them from the bag. One was supposed to be a present but I am going to keep it.

Clarabumps Mon 25-Jul-11 20:59:44

See now i'm all confused.. I really want one now-only ever had a rubbish one from tie rack and it just never looked as nice as the expensive cashmere ones.
Do i buy the burnt coral one from mypashmina.com or do i buy the nordstrom tissue weight ombre in rosesharon coral or perfect pink dove?? argh!
How do you add links on this??

jetmonkey Mon 25-Jul-11 21:03:36

Thanks for this thread, I have wanted one for ages but am crap at shopping and decision making

What size do you need to get to have a large one to act as a shawl over your shoulders to keep you warm rather than one to use as a scarf?

Also what is the best colour to go with everything? or at least most things grin

NerfHerder Mon 25-Jul-11 21:07:30

Mine was from Whistles in about 1996... cost £180 but it is so thick and soft...don't think I've ever paid so much for any clothing since!

imnotyourmother Mon 25-Jul-11 21:15:30

Virginia Johnson.

missmiss Mon 25-Jul-11 21:53:33

I have a thin pink one from Hobbs, bought in 2003, which is still going string despite acquiring a hole when it got caught in my bike chain on my way to a lecture once [Oxford stereotype emoticon]

missmiss Mon 25-Jul-11 21:53:50

Er, strong

Cleverything Mon 25-Jul-11 22:24:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

strandednomore Tue 26-Jul-11 10:17:37

<<another poncey emoticon>> mine all come from Pakistan when we lived in Islamabad. There was quite a choice.

Sawasdee Tue 26-Jul-11 11:13:15

I echo Pure Collection and also saw great pashminas for sale at 'The Cashmere Company'. The latter often have a 'buy one, get one free' offer which is well worth it. I bought pashminas from them last year (Christmas presents) and they were lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now