Talk

Advanced search

Calling all Primary Teachers! Where do you get your work outfits from?

(7 Posts)
countrylassie Fri 22-Jul-11 14:22:47

Hey everyone. I am looking for some teaching outfits but have no idea where to start! At the moment I just pick and choose pieces from different shops but wanted to know if there was anywhere that was really good for this type of clothing. Generally I wear smart trousers with pretty tops and cardigans. Also could you give me some advice on shoes. I'm very young so I would generally choose style over comfort but in this case I need something that fits both criteria. Ballet flats are usually a preference. Any outfit ideas or specific shops you like would help me greatly. Thanks smile Oh and budget friendly please. smile

mumto2andnomore Fri 22-Jul-11 18:33:33

Depends how smart the other staff dress where you work, mine is quite casual and as I teach 4 and 5 year olds and end up getting covered in glue and paint I dont wear anything expensive! I get stuff from all over the place and wear leggings,dresses, trousers, anything except denim really.

doglover Fri 22-Jul-11 20:30:09

I wear mostly Boden - their jersey dresses are great quality, comfortable and look smart. I'm a part-time supply teacher and this 'uniform' serves me well in a range of schools.

Panzee Fri 22-Jul-11 21:49:50

I'm pretty casual and wear M&S stuff. It washes really well and rarely needs ironing.

cece Fri 22-Jul-11 21:54:03

I agree it depends what the rest of the staff wear. You want to aim to fit in with what they wear really. Generally speaking I wear smart trousers, tops and cardis in winter with a pair of boots. In the summer I opt for linen trousers or skirts with tops and mule type shoes.

I find John Rocha at Debenhams fits me well. But also M&S good as it washes well.

redfoxy Fri 22-Jul-11 21:58:19

I'm in a similar predicament, although I'm starting (in a support role) in a secondary school that has a very strict dress code, and my clothes are pretty much all very casual!! So I'm on a hunt for smart work clothes too.

Lots of teachers at my daughter's primary school wear Fatface clothes, and I've bought some stuff there for my new job, but only in their sales as I find them a bit expensive normally! I think in primary schools you can be a bit more casual and I think it probably varies as well with schools.

HalfTermHero Sat 23-Jul-11 12:26:42

I really like to see Primary school teachers in Boden. The clothes are bright and fun, perfect for brightening up a classroom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now