Talk

Advanced search

Handbag recommendations

(18 Posts)
mistressploppy Fri 22-Jul-11 13:39:21

I have an ancient Ollie and Nic dark blue velvet handbag/shoulder bag which I have literally used to bits sad

Birthday coming up - need new bag. But I seem to hate everything on the high street. Radley are not my cup of tea at all. I hate embossed leather and twiddly bits. John Lewis don't have anything that catches my eye at all.

It needs to be big enough to used for the odd nappy/wipes/toy car/sippy cup but still be a handbag, not a massive holdall. I'm not very trendy so not too cutting edge! And either dark or easy to clean as I'm a slatternly caah.

Any ideas of places to look online?

Iloveshoes001 Fri 22-Jul-11 14:20:05

Do you want leather or something fabric? These guys do really lovely satin bags. These soft and squidgy but lovely colours and really well made. Just got a £5 coupon for them as well. It's SPARKLE in case you need it smile .

mistressploppy Fri 22-Jul-11 20:03:26

Thank you Iloveshoes - they're very pretty but not really 'me' (I'm not glam enough smile

madammecholet Fri 22-Jul-11 20:15:06

whats your budget? Leather or pleather?

Sleepwhenidie Fri 22-Jul-11 20:18:05

Take a look at Tabitha bags here. I have a stardust and love it. Beautiful leather and very roomy if you like to carry lots of stuff - I am assuming you are a mum, in which case this seems inevitable wink. I try and keep stuff in separate pouches inside so stuff doesn't get jumbled together. I think the price is good too, not £shock! like some...

LuckyMrsT Fri 22-Jul-11 20:18:43

I am absolutely dying to get someone, anyone to buy this as I can't justify it for myself. I think it looks like the perfect bag. Sigh...

mistressploppy Fri 22-Jul-11 20:21:14

Ooh, the Tabitha ones are getting close to the sort of thing!

Budget-wise; under £200 would be good, but if the bag fits....

I don't really like fake leather but fabric is fine. Perhaps leather is harder wearing though?

mistressploppy Fri 22-Jul-11 20:25:08

Ok, this is how fussy I am - I like the shape and style of this one but I wouldn't buy it because I don't like the idea of having to bother lifting the flap to get at things when it's tucked under my arm! blush

My old one just had a zip <pines>

mistressploppy Fri 22-Jul-11 20:25:44

Sorry, thanks to Lucky for the link (hope you get your bag soon!)

LuckyMrsT Fri 22-Jul-11 20:30:41

Ha ha yes you are fussy! How about this one from Karen Millen?

100% agree with you about fake leather. Leather or fabric for me too.

doglover Fri 22-Jul-11 20:36:47

Have a look at OSP Osprey of London bags. I've got 2 of their bags and they're gorgeous - soft leather, classic designs, non-fussy.

Thecatsmum Sat 23-Jul-11 08:12:46

Have a look at Kipling, they have loads of designs and they are hardwearing, non leather but cheap so you could have more than one!!

ameliagrey Sat 23-Jul-11 10:01:13

Kipling, Modula ( just bought myself a Pippa style bag), Osprey, Fossil, .

I am selling a lovely OSP Osprey bag- well, tried to sell it on Ebay but it didn't sell. it's dark brown soft grainy leather, shoulder bag, bucket style.

madammecholet Sat 23-Jul-11 11:57:57

Try Peony and Moore for bags, I have the lucia which is gorgeous...
Also try red direct and Not on the Hight Street.
Would link but on phone.. (bored sat in traffic jam)!

PetiteMum Sat 23-Jul-11 14:33:13

Tkmaxx? I've bought many a hard wearing bargain from there!

strictlysauvignon Sat 23-Jul-11 16:15:34

www.peonyandmoore.com have this in navy and black for the autumn and I love it as I have this bag in grey - it really is easy to use with room for all my crap - er essentials.smile

strictlysauvignon Sat 23-Jul-11 16:18:45

Also I have bought cheap bags before and they don't take the hammering I give them and look tatty quickly -- this one has survived everything I have done to it - so far!blush

mistressploppy Sun 24-Jul-11 14:21:18

Ohhhhh, the Lucia could be a serious contender! Thanks everyone! Just trawling through Modalu and Kipling now too.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now