Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dress same colour as bridesmaid dresses!

(10 Posts)
WhoseGotMyEyebrows Fri 22-Jul-11 13:03:44

I have just this morning found out that the dress I am going to wear to a wedding next week is the same (or very similar) colour as the bridesmaids dresses, we have the same colour shoes!

I really don't have anything else to wear (nothing fits!) and love this one dress I have.

Is this really bad?

I'm clinging on to the fact that most of the time when you attend a wedding you have no idea what the bridesmaids are going to be in so can't definately avoid wearing the same colour. Also I am not close family so may very well not be in photos.

eek

TrickyBiscuits Fri 22-Jul-11 13:39:55

I got married a month ago and 4 of the female guests were wearing the same colour as the bridesmaids. I really wouldn't worry about it unless it's a very small wedding smile

TrickyBiscuits Fri 22-Jul-11 13:41:10

Sorry, I should've made it clear that it wasn't a problem at all smile

gillybean2 Fri 22-Jul-11 13:41:24

what colour is it?

violetwellies Fri 22-Jul-11 13:45:04

Accessorise so you can't be mistaken for a bridesmaid if its going to bother you, shouldn't think anyone else will mind.

CeliaFate Fri 22-Jul-11 13:47:21

I don't think it's a problem. Can you take a photo or link to the dress?

archanat10 Fri 22-Jul-11 14:21:25

Same here, even i feel so.Not a big problem.just relax, have a great time smile

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Fri 22-Jul-11 15:21:27

I won't link it in case someone recognises me at the wedding (well you never know!). It's quite modern and not a traditional bridesmaid dress or anything. Although saying that the bridesmaids might not be traditional either!

tethersend Fri 22-Jul-11 15:24:27

There are only a finite number of colours- I'm sure this happens at most weddings. Unless they stipulated not to wear that particular colour, go ahead and wear your dress proudly. If they are annoyed, then they really should have told people not to wear that colour more than a week ahead of the wedding.

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Fri 22-Jul-11 15:28:48

Accessorise so you can't be mistaken for a bridesmaid

How do you do that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now