Talk

Advanced search

Help! with my wedding.

(14 Posts)
Youremindmeofthebean Fri 22-Jul-11 12:03:02

I am getting married, and cannot for the life of me think of what I want to get married in. I like the idea of a really funky/ cool Vivienne Westwood dress, or a coloured frock of some description. I really DON'T want to be married in white. I could maybe step to Ivory or cream, but would prefer a colour.

I quite like 50's style dresses, this is beautiful but maybe more traditional that I would like, I LOVE this but doubt I could afford it.
In terms of Viv, I'm quite into this or even this

Can anyone inspire me further? Or help accessorise? I am 5'7 and usually a 10/12

Youremindmeofthebean Fri 22-Jul-11 12:04:09

Whoops, they are all quite traditional in colour, aren't they?! Open to reds/oranges/greens in particular.

onehellofaride Fri 22-Jul-11 12:13:02

LOVE the first two! I wanted something a bit different when I got married (but wasn't into colours) so went for an open back. What time of year are you getting married?

Youremindmeofthebean Fri 22-Jul-11 12:47:17

in May or June. An open back sounds lovely, what was the rest of your dress like?

mumatron Fri 22-Jul-11 12:53:15

i love the first one and the viv is lovely. the last one is awful for a wedding though.

what type of venue are you having?

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Fri 22-Jul-11 12:59:50

I love the first too. Both lovely in their own ways.

Youremindmeofthebean Fri 22-Jul-11 13:05:10

grin mumatron. I suppose I have a misguided notion of fairy-tale floaty things. Really, I am far too tall and broad-shouldered to attempt to look a bit willowy like the last dress.

Venue is likely to be an Indian tepee in a garden with English tea party and Hog roast.

onehellofaride Fri 22-Jul-11 13:07:35

youremindme I have put a picture on my profile of the back of my dress, it was quite plain and grecian from the front with just a bit of beading accross the top

tethersend Fri 22-Jul-11 13:11:05

Sounds like you would like Rokasnda Ilincic....

How about:

This?

This?

This?

tethersend Fri 22-Jul-11 13:11:19

Roksanda

mumatron Fri 22-Jul-11 13:15:29

tethers I love the last one.

tethersend Fri 22-Jul-11 13:18:31

Not sure of budget, but this Matthew Williamson is lovely...

onehellofaride Fri 22-Jul-11 13:23:02

tethers the matthew williamson dress is gorgeous

Youremindmeofthebean Fri 22-Jul-11 14:58:53

Oh, they are lovely tethersend. I love the brown one, and the MW one. Thank you!

onehellofaride you look beautiful on those photos, the dress is lovelysmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now