Talk

Advanced search

Help ASAP - need to remove dark hairdye from skin/scalp - v. urgent!

(15 Posts)

I Am A Tit. I have dyed my hair very dark - pretty close to black. I have to be somewhere Very Important at 4.45pm. Time is pushed, very pushed and I may also be out in the rain with a light coloured shirt. I need to remove all the stains, scrub and flannel hasn't worked. It looks awful around hairline, just...dirty. I am so stupid, no moey to buy hair colour remover and DH doesn't get home until ater I have gone, so totally not an option. I need to make sure it won't run, and tidy myself up! Any tips? sadblush thankyou so much

Moodykat Fri 22-Jul-11 10:56:17

Umm... Try toothpaste? Has worked on some dodgy fake tan areas for me before!

oo, ok, will report back, thanks

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Fri 22-Jul-11 10:59:28

I told someone else this recently but head & shoulders original shampoo does a fab job of taking colour out to a degree,put it on dry hair & massage into hair/scalp for a few mins evenly then lather up,re rub & rinse.Use it on your face patches too as it works like a stripper,make sure you use a good conditioner after as your hair will be dry otherwise.A good hairdresser gave me the tip & it works too :0

no head and shoulders sad Have kids shampoo and I think a baby shampoo? Will try baby shampoo next to make sure all 'loose' colour is stripped. Tried toothpaste - worked abit, but I still look grubby.

CherryDrops Fri 22-Jul-11 11:08:13

Make up remover/lemon juice? Lemon juice is also good at helping with fake tan disasters...

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Fri 22-Jul-11 11:08:23

can you not see if any friends have any H&S as baby shampoo won't do it,it really does strip the hair (a reason I would never ever use it normally) but if you have a friend or neighbour that has some,explain it's an emergency & you have been a tit (love it).........I would most certainly hand it over if it was me

I have a lemon....

ledodgy Fri 22-Jul-11 11:18:43

Try washing up liquid this also strips the colour like Head and shoulders.

OohThatsMyTractor Fri 22-Jul-11 11:22:21

I have used nail varnish remover in the past, that works pretty well at getting hair dye off your skin - just make sure you keep it away from your eyes!

OohThatsMyTractor Fri 22-Jul-11 11:23:33

Forgot to say that you have to scrub hard with a soaked cotton wool pad though

Mouseybrown Fri 22-Jul-11 11:30:06

For marks on the skin put a dab of toilet bleach on some loo roll and dab it on the skin. Stand next to the mirror ans watch it fade then wash it off straight away. Don't get distracted- if its on more than a minute or so it will start to burn and thats not nice, but I've used this many times to get black dye off my forehead!

Good luck!

Jammygal Fri 22-Jul-11 11:43:31

skin toner works well and not so aggressive to you skin ;)

pointydog Fri 22-Jul-11 12:00:27

Have you just tried cleanser and a cotton pad?

peasandlove Fri 22-Jul-11 12:28:17

toilet bleach shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now