Talk

Advanced search

Just had my first Avon lady drop off a catalogue, any reccomendations?

(12 Posts)
piratecat Fri 22-Jul-11 10:50:16

that's it really.

could do with finding a good non cloggy face moisturizer, for my sensitive skin, one that does the job tho, as my face is dry.

lipsticks that moisturize but stay on longer than ten mins.

thanks.

Dawser Fri 22-Jul-11 12:08:08

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

CeliaFate Fri 22-Jul-11 13:48:24

I wouldn't buy anything from Avon, sorry. IME it's expensive and doesn't work. I spent loads from a friend's catalogue and it was all pants.

Dorje Fri 22-Jul-11 14:19:45

Try Lilylolo.co.uk

Mineral foundations with great coverage and spf: use where needed over your moisturiser.
Great pigments in the eyeshadow, which you use a lippy with a little gloss.

fab.

Dorje Fri 22-Jul-11 14:20:29

sorry - link brainfart.

Lily Lolo makeup

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 22-Jul-11 14:20:51

I use the Avon Solutions Total Radiance skincare range, it suits my skin. I also like the Advance Techniques shampoos and conditioners, plus the lotus shield which stops your hair from going frizzy and the heat protecter spray for when I straighten it. A lot of the body washes etc smell a bit sickly, but I like the Signature Silk ones. I don't personally rate their make up, it is a bit too heavy for me, but I like their nail varnishes.

katiepotatie Fri 22-Jul-11 14:24:59

I think the foot scrub and foot cream is great. Haven't really tried any of the other stuff only ever use Clarins on my face

LovelyDaffs Fri 22-Jul-11 14:48:33

I'm told the eye cream is good, can't remember what its called, but it comes in two parts. I had a catalogue dropped off for the first time, placed an order for some and she hasn't turned up so can't vouch for it.

AmaraDresden Fri 22-Jul-11 23:16:19

The best eyeliner I've (and a lot of beauty bloggers) ever used is Avon's supershock gel liner (it's a pencil tho) - honestly it's awesome, give it a google.

I like their lipstick, I have a bright pink that is moisurising, it's a mixture of strong pigment and moisturiser that makes the lipstick bullet itself look funky, almost ribboned. Can't remember the name though!

Avoid the foundations. And the mascaras, and the eyeshadows...

AmaraDresden Fri 22-Jul-11 23:16:19

The best eyeliner I've (and a lot of beauty bloggers) ever used is Avon's supershock gel liner (it's a pencil tho) - honestly it's awesome, give it a google.

I like their lipstick, I have a bright pink that is moisurising, it's a mixture of strong pigment and moisturiser that makes the lipstick bullet itself look funky, almost ribboned. Can't remember the name though!

Avoid the foundations. And the mascaras, and the eyeshadows...

AuntieMaggie Sat 23-Jul-11 00:18:59

Aw I liked the mascara (can't remember which one it was though...) and any I gave away for presents got good feedbck.

I always liked their skincare range - they segregate it by age range but basically you get a serum, moisturiser and eye cream in each. I used the 40s range for ages because it was on offer more often than the 30s range and my skin did quite well off it.

Glimmerstick was good. Some of the perfumes are good (ask for a tester).

Also do good deals on suncream and I'm currently using the aftersun with shimmer and get loads of compliments on it!

The eye cream is the clinical eyelift thing.

Nailvarnish is good.

The only thing I don't rate is the eyeshadow as it doesnt last.

My DP also likes the bubble bath, shower gel, shampoo and mens range.... not sure what that says about him!

AmaraDresden Sat 23-Jul-11 10:32:38

Tbh I've only used a couple of their mascaras, supershock and curlacious, and although the Supershock wasn't bad I've had a lot better from Superdrug and Boots that cost the same amount or less.

I have some glimerstick eyeliners too and really like them as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now